As a Psychiatric Advance Practice Nurse (APN), you will provide direct clinical care to clients, including ordering of lab tests, counseling of patients, developing treatment plans and prescribing medication. You will work with your collaborating physician as assigned at one or more clinical facilities at the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center.
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate treatment/interventions and care for clients presenting with an undifferentiated diagnosis.
- Clinically examine and assess client needs from a physiological and psychological perspective, and plan clinical care accordingly.
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate interventions/treatments for clients with complex needs.
- Diagnose and manage both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug- and non-drug-based treatment methods into a management plan.
- Prescribe and review medication for therapeutic effectiveness, appropriate to client needs and in accordance with evidence-based practice and national and practice protocols, and within scope of practice.
- Work with clients in order to support compliance with and adherence to prescribed treatments. Provide information and advice on prescribed or over-the-counter medication on medication regimens, side-effects and interactions.
- Prioritize health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the client in complex, urgent or emergency situations.
- Support clients to adopt health promotion strategies that promote healthy lifestyles, and apply principles of self-care.
As an employee of the Lake County Health Department you will enjoy:
- National Health Service Corps & Illinois Rural Scholars Program, Student Loan Repayment (HPSA Score: 19).
- Full Liability and Tail Coverage (Federal Tort Claims Act).
- Competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans.
- Flexible working hours for work/life balance.
- Comprehensive wellness and training program.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.