This recruitment is to fill multiple Clinician vacancies in various programs throughout the Behavioral Health & Recovery Services Department as they occur.
Vacancies for both full time and extra help positions may be available. Extra help staff are limited to 25 hours per week and are not entitled to county benefits. This recruitment is to establish a list to fill positions in Los Banos, Livingstonand Merced.Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Meets with individuals and groups, including families, to assist them with understanding complex mental and emotional problems and with developing realistic plans to resolve them.
- Advises clients on the availability of community resources.
- Interprets clients' needs and problems, assisting them with environmental adjustment.
- Works with clients' relatives to secure cooperation in treatment programs.
- Utilizes highly developed professional skills in outpatient, in-patient, children's service, day care, rehabilitation and education programs.
- Assists with training other Mental Health Department staff in diagnosis and treatment methods.
- Develop and conduct training and informational presentations for other County staff, school districts, and community agencies.
- Serve as a consultant for other community agencies.
- Participate in the preparation and presentation of cases for consideration by other professional staff.
- May assume operational responsibility for a unit within a clinical program.
- May conduct or participate in professional research and special studies.
- Develop and implement treatment plans; develops and prepares extensive records, complex reports, progress notes, and correspondence.
Minimum Qualifications: MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN IEducation:
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Masters Degree in counseling, social work, psychology, or a closely related field.Registration:
Must obtain registration from the appropriate California State Licensing Board by the end of the probation period or within six (6) months of promotion to Clinician I.Licensure:
Must pass the written and oral examination for licensure within (6) years from the date of hire as a Clinician I with Associate of Social Worker or Marriage and Family Intern number from California Board of Behavioral Sciences.MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN IIEducation:
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Masters Degree in counseling, social work, psychology, or a closely related field.Experience:
Two (2) years of progressively responsible clinical experience in a mental health setting.License:
Valid license issued by the State of California as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Marriage Family Therapist (MFT) or Clinical Psychologist .Out of State Licensure:
Registration for a waiver of the State Professional License may be obtained for a maximum of three (3) years.SOME POSITIONS IN THIS CLASSIFICATION WILL BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECKS PURSUANT TO THE HUMAN RESOURCES RULES AND REGULATIONS, SECTION 2, B.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous