Position Description Invites your interest for the position of Final Filing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Priority Screening Date:
Friday, July 31, 2015Exam #15/60A21/02MD
All application material must be received by the priority screening date for a guaranteed review. Applications received after this date will be considered on an as needed basis until the position is filled. Summary of Position
The F.A.S.T. (Family Assessment Support and Treatment) Assessment Team provides comprehensive family mental health assessments and treatment to children and families involved in dependency proceedings where the court has deemed it necessary to remove the child(ren) from the home due to abuse and/or neglect issues. The team typically uses attachment theory and systems perspectives in helping understand and conceptualize the family's challenges, strengths, and services needed as well as address any trauma that has impacted the children and family. A wide range of psychological tests are also utilized within the evaluation process. Detailed psychological reports that include clinical impressions and treatment recommendations are provided to the Department of Social and Employment Services (DSES) and the Juvenile Dependency Court. This process is rapid and requires solid clinical assessment and treatment skills, good writing skills, quality time management skills, the ability to multitask, and excellent collaboration skills.
The Eligible List established by this recruitment may be used to fill current and future temporary or regular vacancies as they arise. Examples of Duties THE IDEAL CANDIDATE Will have a proven track record demonstrating the following knowledge, skills, and abilities :
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate:
- Principles, methods, techniques, materials, devices, and practices used in clinical psychology, psychological assessment, and behavior modification
- Theory and research on personality and intellectual growth and development, individual differences, human motivation, and disordered behavior
- Group dynamics; interviewing techniques, and counseling methods
- Analyze, evaluate, and draw logical conclusions from complex data
- Apply treatment methods as appropriate to patient's diagnosis and presenting problem with physician, psychiatrist, or other professional consultation, as needed
- Write to prepare psychological case reports, clinical findings, case histories, recommendations, etc.
- solid psychological assessment and clinical treatment skills
- thorough knowledge of attachment theory, family systems, and trauma
- excellent writing skills
- good time management skills
- excellent collaboration skills
Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is preferred, but not required. Conditions of Employment:
- Possess and maintain a valid California Class C Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record or ability to provide suitable transportation approved by the appointing authority
- The Health Department will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which include a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
Pursuant to Section 2914 of the California Business and Professions Code, possession of a Ph.D. or Psy.D. in psychology from an accredited educational institution and two years of supervised doctoral professional experience, one of which must be post-doctoral.
AND : Pursuant to Section 2903 of the California Business and Professions Code, possession of a valid license to practice clinical psychology in the State of California issued by the California Board of Psychology.
NOTE: Pursuant to Section 5121 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, persons not currently possessing their license may be hired provided they obtain their licensure within two years of employment in the state of California.
For complete information see the class specification/job description on our website at: https://www2.co.monterey.ca.us/pages/hr/class-specs/60A21.pdf Additional Information BENEFITS: The County of Monterey offers an excellent benefits package (K Bargaining Unit)
that includes 22 days of annual leave; educational leave; 11 holidays per year; health, dental, vision; life insurance; and CALPERS retirement. For additional information please visit Unit K's benefit summary sheet at: https://www.co.monterey.ca.us/home/showdocument?id=62250
The information listed above is a general summary of benefits for this position. This information is not legally binding, nor does it serve as a contract. The benefits listed in the Monterey County Personnel Policies and Practices Resolution prevails over this listing.NOTE:
If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please call the Health Department Human Resources Office at (831) 755-4515. Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the U.S. If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for the benefits listed above. APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURES
Submit the following application materials to the Monterey County Health Department, Human Resources Division, 1270 Natividad Road, Salinas, CA 93906 by the final filing date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED; Priority Screening: Friday, July 31, 2015.
Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. All application material must be received by the priority screening date for a guaranteed review. Applications received after this date will be considered on an as needed basis until the position is filled.
Or apply on-line at
- Monterey County Employment Application
- Response to the Supplemental Questions
- A copy of your license must be enclosed with your application
Application materials will be competitively evaluated. Those applicants who are determined to be most appropriately qualified will be invited to participate further in the process. To further assess applicant's possession of required qualifications, this examination may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exercise, performance exam, and/or written examination.
For more information or to receive application materials, contact the Health Department Human Resources Division at (831) 755-4515.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.