Position Description Final Filing Date: Continuous Exam #18/50U42/05RR
The Monterey County Health Department exists to enhance, protect and improve the health of the people in Monterey County. The Health Department's Clinic Services Bureau
is looking for Medical Assistants to work in a fast-paced environment providing direct patient care, physician support services, assistance with medical examinations, basic laboratory procedures, operate an electronic medical record program (EPIC), schedule appointments, and register patients in one of the Monterey County Health Department clinics, which are located in Salinas, Seaside and Marina and provide family practice, women's health, internal medicine, pediatric, behavioral health and specialty services.
The Clinic Services Bureau operates seven clinics and two satellite clinics, including the Alisal Health Center, Seaside Family Health Center, Monterey County Health Clinic at Marina, four Laurel Clinics located in Salinas, which include Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Vista and Pediatrics, and two Bienestar behavioral health integration clinics in Seaside and Salinas.
The Clinics offer care to the medically underserved in Monterey County. The mission of the Clinic Services Bureau is to provide access to high quality medical care to all residents of Monterey County regardless of their ability to pay.
The Eligible List established by this recruitment process will be used to fill current and future vacancies, both regular and temporary, as they arise in Clinic Services or Behavioral Health. Examples of Duties THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Will have a proven track record demonstrating the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate:
- Assist with medical examinations and basic laboratory and other medical procedures
- Measure and record vital signs and record patient visit information in electronic medical record
- Prepare and administer medications according to established protocols
- Prepare appropriate equipment for exams or treatment
- Notify patients of lab results over the phone and respond to incoming phone calls/messages according to established protocols
- Educate patients regarding good health habits, preparation for surgery or tests
- Input data into electronic medical record (EPIC for Clinic Services; Avatar for Behavioral Health)
Examples of Experience/Education/Training Minimum Qualifications: ***You must submit a copy of the document with your application***
- Independent Worker
- Takes initiative
- Team Player
- Clear and effective communicator
- Establish and maintain a warm and caring atmosphere with patients from diverse social and cultural backgrounds
Condition of Employment:
- Pursuant to the state of California Business and Professions Code, •2069 and •2070 and Administrative Code, Sections •1366 and •1366.1, Medical Assistants shall possess of a valid California Medical Assistant Certificate
- The Health Department will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which include a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
For complete information see the class specification/job description on our website at: http://www.co.monterey.ca.us/personnel/documents/specifications/50U42.pdf Additional Information APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURES
Submit the following application materials to the Monterey County Health Department, Human Resources Division, 1270 Natividad Road, Salinas, CA 93906:
• Monterey County Employment Application form
• Response to the Supplemental Questions
• Medical Assistant Certificate
• Cover Letter
• Resume ***The National Healthcareer Association (NHA) certificate will not be accepted without certificate from accredited school.***
Or apply on-line at www.co.monterey.ca.us/personnel Please be aware if the application form and responses to supplemental questions, are not submitted timely with other required application materials, the application will be removed from further consideration and not be considered further.Final filing date: Continuous
Resume may be submitted in addition to, but will not be accepted in lieu of required application materials.
Application materials will be competitively evaluated. Those applicants who are determined to be most appropriately qualified will be invited to participate further in the process. To further assess the applicant's possession of required qualifications, this recruitment may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exercise, performance exam, and/or written examination
. For more information or to receive application materials, contact the Health Department Human Resources Division at (831) 755-4515.
NOTE: If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please call the Health Department Human Resources Office at (831) 755-4515. Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the U. S. If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for the benefits listed above. BENEFITS
:The County offers an excellent benefits package (H Bargaining Unit)
The County of Monterey offers a premium benefit package that includes 22 days of annual leave; educational leave; 11 holidays per year; health, dental, vision; life insurance; and CALPERS retirement. For more benefits information please contact the Health Department Human Resources Division at 831-755-4515. Benefits Summary:
The information listed above is a general summary of benefits for this position. This information is not legally binding, nor does it serve as a contract. The benefits listed in the Monterey County Personnel Policies and Practices Resolution prevails over this listing.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.