About Our Job
Denver International Airport is the 20th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th-busiest airport in the United States, serving 61.3 million passengers last year and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States and consists of 15 million square feet of built environment.
Denver is one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States, and has been named the nation's top place to live, work, and play. Being the best place to live isn't easy; maintaining such a reputation means we need the best people working for the residents of Denver. People who want to make a difference; people who want to give back; people who want to be at the heart of the city and have a hand in creating our future. At DEN, the core values of the organization are transparency, collaboration, mutual respect and support, diversity, integrity, trust and organizational excellence. Join the team at DEN and be part of the future for the world's most exciting and forward-thinking airport. Learn more about DEN at www.flydenver.com.
The Denver City Attorney's Office is one of the largest law firms in Colorado, with over 120 attorneys and approximately 100 staff members comprised of paralegals, victim advocates, and other support and supervisory staff members. It is one of the most diverse practices of any law firm in Colorado. Clients include the Mayor; the Auditor; the Clerk and Recorder; City Council; and all city agencies, departments, offices, boards, commissions and authorities. The office is comprised of five departments and each play a crucial role in daily operation. DEN Legal is responsible for legal aspects of airport business, including drafting airport construction contracts, securing financing and bonding for airport expansion, and defending the airport in litigation.
The City Attorney's Office has an exciting opportunity available for a Legal Secretary at Denver International Airport (DEN). This position performs legal secretarial work providing information to courts, personnel, attorneys and the public, and prepares and manages legal files. If you want to work to better your community, while advancing your career in an exciting and dynamic environment, this may be the opportunity for you!
As a Legal Secretary, you can expect to:
- Review attorney case files for accuracy and completeness, and interprets, translates and types court proceedings. Updates case records showing current status, time, court date, location, continuations or new motions and notifies the attorney and/or witnesses of changes.
- Review correspondence and documents and decides whether to forward the information to the attorney or enter it into the case file.
- Obtain information for cases from legal sources and from the public record, as directed by attorneys.
- Type forms and legal documents including contracts, amendments, summonses, court orders, discovery orders, and contempt citations and prepares motions.
- Assist with preparation and filing of Ordinances and Resolutions with City Council
- Confirm and relays information such as hearing or trial dates, case status and dispositions.
- Use a variety of commercial and proprietary software programs to complete various work assignments.
This position is a part of the City Attorney's Office. The duties and responsibilities for this position will be completed at Denver international Airport. About You
We are looking for a very detail oriented legal secretary to join our legal team at DEN. The ideal candidate must be very dependable and think critically. In addition the candidate will have the following:
- Experience in a legal office
- Experience in Drafting contracts and other routine transactional documents and prepares exhibits and other attachments.
- Proficiency working with Outlook, Word and Excel Self-motivation
- Ability to thrive in an environment that is fast-paced and ever-changing
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Three (3) years of general secretarial experience including one year of legal secretarial experience preparing legal documents such as: amendments, summonses, discovery orders, citations, contracts, ordinances, motions and pleadings.
- A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements.
The hiring range for this position is $45,780.00 to $48,000.00 annually About Everything Else
CC0271 Legal Secretary
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Pay Range $22.01 - $32.13
City Attorney's Office
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here