The Position THIS IS A CONTINUOUS RECRUITMENTBargaining Unit: Local 856 - LVN/Aide Unit
The Contra Costa County Health Services Department is recruiting Certified Nursing Assistants to assist licensed nursing staff in performing routine tasks in the care and treatment of patients in an inpatient setting at the Contra Costa Regional Medical Center in Martinez, CA.
Certified Nursing Assistants assist patients with feeding, ambulating, grooming, dressing and other activities of daily living. Additional duties include transporting patients to appointments; taking and recording vital signs; obtaining stool and urine specimens; and other required patient care activities.The ideal candidate will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- Exercise good judgment in the observation of medical and behavioral symptoms
- Follow oral and written directions
- Work as a team member with nursing, ancillary and mental health professionals
- Perform difficult physical tasks using appropriate body mechanics and a reasonable degree of physical exertion to control patient behavior
- Ensure that patients receive the proper meals prescribed by their physicians
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong ability to work under stress
- Ability to adapt easily to varied and changing priorities
- Attention to detail
Read the complete job description at www.cccounty.us/hr
. The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for twelve months. Typical Tasks
Minimum Qualifications Certificates:
- Assists patients with feeding, ambulating, grooming, dressing and other activities of daily living
- Transports patients both within the hospital and to appointments outside the hospital
- Observes and records patients' temperatures, respiration, pulse, blood pressures, intake and output, and weight
- Obtains stool and urine samples
- Prepares rooms for admission and post discharge room cleaning
- Assists in maintaining a clean safe environment for the patient
- Assists patients in and out of bed
- Charts observations of the patient in the medical record and reports observations to the nurse in charge
- Monitors and assists in providing dietary requirements of patients
- Maintains supplies including ordering and stocking
- May serve on a Code Gray Team
- May be required to perform Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Attends staff meetings and other inservice training as required
- Performs other indirect care activities as required
- Provide and promote excellence in customer service for both internal and external customers
Possession of a valid certificate as a Certified Nursing Assistant issued by the State of California and a valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification issued by the American Heart Association or CPR certification issued by the American Red Cross.
Within six (6) months of hire must possess and maintain throughout the duration of employment a Contra Costa County Regional Medical Center approved Crisis Management and Prevention Certificate.Other Requirements:
A background investigation/fingerprint and/or physical exam may be required prior to the start of employment.ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR CNA AND CURRENT CPR or BLS CERTIFICATE AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION.A COMPLETED SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE IS REQUIRED. AN APPLICATION SUBMITTED WITHOUT THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE AND CERTIFICATES WILL BE CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE AND WILL THEREFORE BE DISQUALIFIED. Selection Process
- Application Filing: All applicants must apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date.
- Application Evaluation: Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination.
- Training and Experience Evaluation: Consists of an evaluation of each candidate's relevant education, training and/or experience as presented on the application and supplemental questionnaire. (Weighted 100%)
- Candidates must receive a score of at least 70, which may be an adjusted score, in order to be ranked on the employment list.
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices.CONVICTION HISTORY
After you receive a conditional job offer, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you have received a conditional job offer. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances. Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with Contra Costa County. If you accept a conditional job offer, the Human Resources department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.DISASTER SERVICE WORKER
All Contra Costa County employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law. Employment with the County requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of Contra Costa County to consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identify, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.