Introduction *Additional pay information: Lateral Signing Bonus: $1,500 added to first paycheck earned, plus $1,000 paid upon successful completion of probationary period. POST Certificate Incentive: $100 per pay period for possession of POST Dispatcher Intermediate Certificate or $125 per pay period for possession of POST Dispatcher Advanced Certificate. Incentive amounts are not cumulative or compounded, and employees will receive only one rate of incentive pay for the POST certification. Night Shift Differential: Dispatchers working swing and graveyard shifts receive an additional 7.5% night shift differential. Dispatch Training Pay: Dispatchers working as dispatch trainers receive an additional 5% training pay while assigned to training duties. Holiday Pay: Dispatchers working holidays receive overtime compensation for the actual number of hours worked in addition to holiday pay.
The Placer County Sheriff's Office dispatch center is located in the Auburn Justice Center. The dispatch center features full sit-to-stand ergonomic work stations, a locker room, a full kitchen, and a quiet room.
Public Safety Dispatchers receive a competitive benefit package, including 13 paid holidays per year, 12 paid sick days per year, generous contributions to CalPERS, and access to an employee assistance program. Full benefit details can be found below in the Benefits section of this posting. POSITION INFORMATION Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for placement on a Public Agency Eligible List, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Applicant must be working for a public agency (other than Placer County) that operates under a personnel civil service or merit system. If not currently employed by a qualifying agency, the applicant must have been employed by a qualifying public agency within one year prior to the date his/her completed application is received by the Placer County Human Resources Department;
- The classification in which Placer County employment is contemplated must possess the same or less minimum qualifications and be substantially similar in job assignment and responsibility as the position in which the applicant is/was employed by the public agency;
- If classified, the applicant must hold or have held permanent status in the service of that agency;
- If unclassified the applicant must be or have been employed by that agency, in that position, for a minimum of six (6) months;
- The applicant must submit a Placer County Public Agency Eligible Self Certification form, certifying:
- His/Her employment record has been entirely satisfactory;
- He/She has not been separated for cause;
- He/She was appointed to the class as a result of a qualifying or competitive exam;
- If not currently employed by a qualifying agency, the applicant is eligible for reinstatement to that agency.
For more information or to submit a Lateral Transfer/Other Agency List (Public Agency Eligible List - PAEL) application, click the Employees of Other Public Agencies
link on the Job Opportunities page. Please contact Thalia Torres, HR Technician, at (530) 886-4664 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or assistance regarding the PAEL process. CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
Prior to the date of hire, applicants for this classification must complete and pass a background check (which may include a voice stress analysis and/or a polygraph) and pre-employment psychological and medical examinations, including a drug screening, prior to appointment. All applicants must sign a constitutional oath, submit proof of U.S. citizenship or legal right to remain and work in the U.S., and be fingerprinted. For some positions, applicants may also be required to submit proof of age or be bonded. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Thank you for your interest in employment with Placer County. Placer County is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active nondiscrimination program. It is the stated policy of Placer County that harassment, discrimination and retaliation are prohibited and that all employees, applicants, agents, contractors, and interns/volunteers shall receive equal consideration and treatment. All terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, transfer and promotion will be based on the qualifications of the individual for the positions being filled regardless of gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical disability (Including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics/information), age (40 or over), marital status, military and/or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Please contact the Human Resources Department at least 5 working days before a scheduled examination if you require accommodation in the examination process. Medical disability verification may be required prior to accommodation. BENEFITS
The following information represents benefits currently available to permanent Placer County employees and may be subject to change. It is advisable that applicants inquire as to the most current benefit package during hiring interviews or by contacting the Human Resources Department. Click here to view benefits for the General Bargaining Unit
Lateral Transfer from Other Agencies/Public Agency Eligible List (PAEL)
Closing Date/Time: Continuous