About Our Job
The Auditor's Office of the City and County of Denver is seeking a a highly motivated Audit Intern to perform performance and/or financial audit assignments. This intern will work in the Audit Services Division approximately 20-25 hours per week during the spring semester. Interns perform entry-level auditing work applying generally accepted government auditing standards in conducting performance, financial and/or compliance audits and other studies of City departments and contract providers.
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- Assist in designing approaches to address audit objectives, prepare and implement audit programs, and prepare report drafts.
- Provide input into audit planning and preparation through research of risks and prior audit information.
- Collect, evaluate and interpret audit evidence to reach conclusions.
- Identify and classify issues and perform follow-up procedures to document issues and disposition.
- Use strong communication skills to write and/or verbally communicate clear, concise audit findings, documentation of work performed to support conclusions, and clear concise concluding statements and/or recommendations.
- Participate in a variety of business process reviews and potentially assist with information technology audits or reviews.
- Adhere to and improve division standards and participate in division initiatives as well as provide value-added suggestions for achieving improvement.
- Utilize audit software and related tools effectively.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong interest in working in the public sector after graduation from advanced degree program
- Masters in Public Administration or Public Policy program is a preferred degree
About Everything Else
- Education requirement: Bachelor's Degree
- Continued enrollment in a college program is condition of employment with the City.
- Experience Requirement: None
- Education/Experience Equivalency: No substitution of experience for education is permitted.
TA1594 Professional Occupations Intern III
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Pay Range $17.87 - $17.87
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here