Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
We’re looking for an organized and driven Accountant to join our growing team. In this role you would be responsible for performing complex work related to accounting duties in addition to monitoring adherence to grant budgets under moderate supervision. You will also be responsible for performing various fiscal functions including accounts receivable, procurement, projects and grants analysis, and reconciliation to general ledger transactions.
Location: 3010 Grand Avenue, Waukegan, IL 60085
Skills and Experience
- Assist in the interpretation and analysis of financial data and prepare various agency financial grant reports.
- Assist and monitor finance and agency staff for adherence to agency financial policies and grant regulations.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Prepare journal entries as required.
- Prepare miscellaneous transactions as needed.
- Reconcile grant transactions to general ledger transactions regularly.
- Assist with the preparation and monitoring of the grant budgets.
- Use the NextGen patient management system, the Oracle ERP system, crystal reports, and personal computer spreadsheets to create reports as needed.
- Perform periodic reviews for compliance to grant requirements.
- Respond to inquiries, gives appropriate information and referrals, and documents, if necessary.
- Display positive attitude and behavior in the accomplishment of job duties.
- Participates in staff meetings, in-service trainings, and seminars to facilitate professional growth and maintain current certification related to billing if required.
- Undertakes joint ownership of processes.
- Takes a personal stake in the success of the organization.
- Must meet minimum productivity expectations.
- Maintains an awareness of and professional involvement/collaboration with community resources.
- Participate in all applicable system testing as required.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- The position requires an Associate Degree in accounting. Requires two-year’s minimum experience in an accounting or finance department reconciling and analyzing general ledger accounts and preparing financial reports is preferable.
- Experience with state and federal grant reporting preferred.
- Experience with a diverse healthcare organization or non-profit organization preparing grant expenditure reporting is preferred.
- Experience performing auditing procedures for internal control procedures is preferred.
- Experience using Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and NextGen electronic payment management system or other comparable system is also preferred.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.