TYPE OF RECRUITMENT
OPEN COMPETITIVE JOB OPPORTUNITY EXAM NUMBER
Y5212B APPLICATION FILING PERIOD February 28, 2019 at 8:00 a.m. (PST)
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met and is subject to closure without prior notice. REBULLETIN INFORMATION THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS AREBULLETINTO REOPEN THE FILING PERIOD, ADD DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND UPDATE VACANCY, APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION.DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
The Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS) is the second largest health system in the nation, providing compassionate, quality care through its integrated system of hospitals and community-based clinics. DHS annually cares for about 600,000 unique patients, employs over 22,000 staff and has an annual operating budget of $4.3 billion. DHS leads the County's effort to provide health services to the residents of Los Angeles County, of which approximately two million are uninsured. DHS hospitals also conduct post-graduate medical education through university affiliations for interns, residents and fellows to train the physician workforce for tomorrow.MISSION
Our mission is to ensure access to high-quality, patient-centered, cost-effective health care to Los Angeles County residents through direct services at DHS facilities and through collaboration with community and university partners. DEFINITION
Leads the development, presentation, and evaluation of related nursing courses at the Los Angeles County Medical Center School of Nursing.
Essential Job Functions
- Identifies and analyzes, on an on-going basis, the training needs of nursing students assigned to the unit for study for which the Senior Instructor is responsible.
- Formulates and develops plans, procedures, and program content designed to meet specifically identified learning needs or objectives of an established curriculum.
- Leads a group of Nursing Instructors, School of Nursing and Clinical Instructors, R.N. in the development of course content.
- Selection of teaching methods designed to achieve established educational objectives.
- Conducts audits of formal classroom and clinical instruction and evaluates their effectiveness.
- Conducts formal classroom instruction in the more difficult or complex areas of nursing technology requiring a knowledge and understanding of the underlying specific scientific principles and the theoretical concepts underlying specific nursing procedures or techniques, or in a broad range of subjects which may include not only nursing theory but supervisory principles and practices.
- Plans and supervises student performance in making application in a clinical setting of the principles and techniques taught in the classroom.
- Plans, develops and implements the use of evaluation tools to measure the effectiveness of teaching effort, and modifies content and/or methodology as indicated.
- As an adjunct to performing work described above, conducts studies to improve curriculum development, course content and learning activities, and reports findings to colleagues.
- Services as a member or leader of faculty or other committees related to nursing training or education.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS:
1. A Master's degree from an accredited* college or university in Nursing, Education, or a Clinical Nursing Specialty.-AND-
2. Two (2) years' teaching experience in a State accredited school of nursing as a nursing instructor** or its equivalent. If approved as an Instructor by the California Board of Registered Nursing prior to 1-1-77 and have remained employed continuously in the capacity of Nursing Instructor or Senior Nursing Instructor, this will satisfy the educational requirement only.-AND-
3. A license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing. LICENSE REQUIRED
:A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
Please ensure the certificates and licenses section of the application is completed. Provide the type of required license(s), the number(s), date(s) of issue, the date(s) of expiration, and the name(s) of the issuing agency for the required license as specified in the Selection Requirements.
Applicants claiming experience in a state other than California must provide their registered license number from that state on the application at the time of filing. Applications submitted without the required evidence of licensure or certificate will not be considered complete.
The required license and certification MUST
be current/active and unrestricted; a conditional, provisional, probationary or restricted license or certification willNOT
be accepted. SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION
In order to receive credit for any college course work, or any type of college degree, such as Bachelor's or Master's degree, you must include a legible copy of the official diploma, official transcripts, or official letter from the accredited institution/program which shows the area of specialization with your application, at the time of filing or within 15 calendar days of filing.**
Nursing instructor experience is defined as developing specialized training programs or educational course content for a group of employees, presents this content in a formal learning situation, supervisesits application in a clinical setting, and evaluates effectiveness of the training in achieving predetermined training objectives under technical supervision. PHYSICAL CLASS
: Includes standing or walking most of the time, with bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching; includes working on irregular surfaces, occasionally lifting objects weighing over 25 pounds, and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds.
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT
This examination will consist of an evaluation of education and experience based upon application information,weighted at 100%.
Candidates must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on this examination in order to be placed on the Eligible Register.
Credit will be given to applicants who possess additional experience in excess of the Selection Requirements. ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION :
Applications will be processed on an "as received" basis and the names of candidates receiving a passing grade in the examination will be placed on the eligible register in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of promulgation. No person may compete for this examination more than once every twelve (12) months. AVAILABLE SHIFT
Appointees may be required to work any shift, including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. VACANCY INFORMATION
The resulting eligible register for this examination will be used to fill vacancies in the Department of Health Services as they occur. APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION
Applications must be filed online only. Applications submitted by U.S. mail, Fax, or in person will not be accepted. Applications electronically received after 5:00 p.m., PST, on the last day of filing will not be accepted.
Apply online by clicking on the "APPLY" green button at the top right of this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website.
The acceptance of your application depends on whether you haveclearly
shown that you meet theSELECTION REQUIREMENTS
. Fill out your application and supplemental questionnaire completely and correctly to receive full credit for related education and/or experience. Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces providedso we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, and description of work performed.If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected
If you are unable to attach the required documents as attachments during your application submission, you may email the documents to Brenda G. Aguila at firstname.lastname@example.org within 15 calendar days of filing online.Please include the exam number and exam title. IMPORTANT NOTES
FAIR CHANCE INITIATIVE
- Please note thatALLinformation included in the application materials is subject toVERIFICATIONat any point during the examination and hiring process, including after an appointment has been made.
- FALSIFICATION of any information may result inDISQUALIFICATIONorRESCISSION OF APPOINTMENT.
- UtilizingVERBIAGEfrom Class Specification and/or Selection Requirements serving as your description of duties WILL NOT be sufficient to demonstrate that you meet the requirement. Doing so may result in anINCOMPLETE APPLICATIONand your application may beDISQUALIFIED.
The County of Los Angeles is a Fair Chance employer. Except for a very limited number of positions, you will not be asked to provide information about a conviction history unless you receive a contingent offer of employment . The County will make an individualized assessment of whether your conviction history has a direct or adverse relationship with the specific duties of the job, and consider potential mitigating factors, including, but not limited to, evidence and extent of rehabilitation, recency of the offense(s), and age at the time of the offense(s). If asked to provide information about a conviction history, any convictions or court records which are exempted by a valid court order do not have to be disclosed. SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER LANGUAGE
Please include your Social Security Number for record control purposes. Federal law requires that all employed persons have a Social Security Number. COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County. NO SHARING USER ID AND PASSWORD
All applicants must file their applications online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record. ADA COORDINATOR
(323) 914-7111 CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE
(800) 735-2922 DEPARTMENT CONTACT
Brenda G. Aguila, Exam Analyst