DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
(THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS NOT PROMOTIONAL OR OPEN COMPETITIVE)EXAM NUMBER
Department of Health Services
College of Nursing and Allied Health
1237 N. Mission Rd.
Los Angeles, CA 90033
Essential Job Functions
- Provides oversight to the Office of Educational Services (OES) and Financial Aid Office (FA).
- Supervises staff assigned to OES and FA Offices.
- Reviews, interprets, and makes professional judgmentson complex financial aid issues while maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Determines the type and amount of financial aid to be awarded through the packaging process according to federal, state, and institutional requirements.
- Resolves data conflicts and over awarding of financial aid.
- Utilizes professional judgment on an individual basis to adjust a student's eligibility based on documented circumstances according to regulations.
- Provides financial aid counseling to students.
- Conducts orientations, entrance, and exit interviews with students receiving financial aid in accordance with institutional, state, and federal regulations.
- Maintains current knowledge of state and federal student financial aid requirements/regulations to prevent institutional liability from federal and state audit fines and financial penalties for noncompliance in the management/reporting of federal/state funds for students.
- Interacts/communicates with state and federal agencies/officials to facilitate the student eligibility process.
- Maintains appropriate database systems and generates reports for submission to state, federal, and institutional agencies to maintain compliance and participation agreement standards.
- Participates in the development of institutional financial aid policies and procedures that will positively impact efficiency and quality of service provided within the financial aid office and at the College of Nursing
- Participates in annual training and professional organizations to keep abreast of new information and program changes to be implemented within the institution.
- Provides leadership and program management over the staff in the OES and financial aid office.
- Assigns work assignments to staff and assists in the assessment of annual performance evaluations.
- Develops and prepares departmental budgets; justifies budgetary adjustments as needed.
- Other duties as delegated by Dean, Operations and Student Support Services.
- Knowledge of California State and Federal student financial aid regulations/requirements; Title IV funds; file review and financial aid packaging/processing to award grants, loans, and scholarship funds; budget requests and budget developments.
- Excellent customer service; written and verbal communication; organization; proficiency with Microsoft applications (especially Word and Excel); time management and prioritization.
- Work independently and with co-workers; set and adhere to deadlines to meet state, federal, and institutions requirements.
Requirements This position is open to all County of Los Angeles employees who currently hold the payroll title of Supervising Administrative Assistant III and have successfully passed their probation.APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY:
Those Interested in this transfer opportunity must submit an online application, cover letter with employee number, resume detailing relevant experience, copies of theirlast two performance evaluations and a time history report for the last 24 months.
All documents submitted will be evaluated.Applications submitted without the required documents will not be forwarded to the hiring manager.
Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Employment is contingent upon passing a background check and review of the personnel file.If you are unable to attach the required documents along with your application, you may fax or email your information to:
DHS - HR Division - Recruitment and Examinations
Phone: (323) 914-7524