The Position Level 1 - $3,278.17 - $3,984.58/month
Level 2 - $3,723.58 - $4,525.75/month
Range B - $4,024.58 - $4891.17/month
This is a limitedcontinuous filing exam.Next filingcut-off is at 5:00 pm on:3/21/19, 4/18/19, 5/16/19(final)
Incumbents in this class receive, evaluate and respond to aircraft emergency, emergency 9-1-1, security, and a variety of non-emergency calls and radio traffic; receive and handle routine calls such as paging and requests for information; dispatch necessary medical, fire, law enforcement or other County personnel and equipment; monitor and operate closed circuit television, secure area badge access, and gate access systems; and prepare and maintain a variety of reports, records and information. Watch to Explore your career with purpose Examples of Knowledge and Abilities Knowledge of
- Operations and capabilities of communications center equipment
- Personal computer operations including standard MS Windows applications
- Principles, practices and procedures of modern public safety dispatch
- Proper English usage, grammar, punctuation, spelling and vocabulary
- Effective report writing techniques
Employment Qualifications Minimum QualificationsEither
- Learn, apply and maintain current knowledge of departmental, County, and state and federal agency regulations, policies and procedures
- Effectively handle multiple concurrent tasks including radio and telephone traffic, computer operations, video monitoring, access control
- Operate a variety of computer, telecommunications, video and other equipment, including keyboarding rapidly and accurately
- Remain sufficiently calm, analyze information, and make effective decisions under emergency conditions
- Read, understand and apply a variety of data, visual information, maps and computer screens
- Receive and transmit information accurately
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
Completion of high school or equivalent, and successful completion of the P.O.S.T. Public Safety Dispatcher Basic Course, or certification in police, fire or emergency medical dispatch from an accredited college or recognized technical program.Or
One year of full-time experience operating telecommunications and dispatching equipment. Experience must include extensive public contact in a high volume call and/or dispatch environment while coordinating multiple concurrent tasks.Note:
The word "experience" referenced in the minimum qualifications means full-time paid experience unless the job announcement states that volunteer experience is acceptable. Part-time paid experience may be accumulated and pro-rated to meet the total experience requirements.Note:
If the minimum qualifications include an educational or certificate/license requirement, applicants must submit proof of requirements with the application. Failure to submit proof of requirements may result in disqualification from the examination. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. For guidelines on submitting acceptable proof of educational requirements, please click here or speak to someone in our office before the final filing date listed in this notice.General Qualifications
Criminal History and Background Check: The County may access criminal history information on candidates who have accepted a conditional offer of appointment for this class consistent with the provisions of Board of Supervisors Resolution No. 82-602, Personnel Policies and Procedures B-5, and applicable federal and state laws. The County shall not consider for employment any candidate who has been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor that relates to or impacts the candidate's ability to perform the duties of this class unless it is determined that mitigating circumstances exist. For purposes of accessing criminal history information, the candidate will be fingerprinted. A subsequent arrest notification may be obtained.
The County may also conduct a background check on the candidate prior to appointment to a position within this class. The background check may include personal and professional reference checks, credit history checks, Social Security number verification, professional license/registration verification, military service information and driving history.
Information obtained in the course of this background check will be considered by the appointing authority in the selection process. In obtaining such information, the County will comply with applicable consent and disclosure practices in the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the California Investigative Consumer Reporting Agencies Act.
Special Access: Incumbents in this position must acquire and maintain an airport security badge allowing access to secure County airport locations.
Physical Requirements: Normal hearing in both ears, normal vision, ability to distinguish colors; sit for extended periods of time; sustained attention; good hand/eye coordination; finger dexterity; clear verbal communication; use of office equipment including computers, keyboards and telephones.
Work Schedule and Conditions: Incumbents must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and shift assignments. Incumbents may be required to wear uniforms.Probationary Period
The probationary period for this classification is twelve (12)
months. Application and Testing Information APPLICATION
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application by 5:00 PM
on the posted cut-off date. Click here to apply.County of Sacramento
Department of Personnel Services
Employment Services Division
700 H Street, Room 4667
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone (916) 874-5593; 7-1-1 California Relay ServiceEmail EmployOffice@Saccounty.net Inter-Office Mail Code: 09-4667
- Employment applications and all documentation requested in this announcement must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Your application should highlight all relevant education, training, and experience, and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position as of the cut-off date.
- Application information must be current, concise and related to the requirements in this job announcement. You may only apply for this recruitment once. Duplicate and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- A resume may be included with your application, however it will not substitute for the information requested on the application.
Applicants are required to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question. The Supplemental Questionnaire is located in the tab marked "Supplemental Questions". Please be descriptive in your response.Note:
Responses of "See Resume" or "See Application", or copy and paste of work experience are not qualifying responses and will not be considered.
FORMULA RATE EXAMINATION (Weighted 100%)
- Supplemental Questionnaires must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date. Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- The supplemental questions are designed to elicit specific information regarding a candidate's experience, education, and training. Responses should be consistent with the information on your application and are subject to verification.
- Please provide place of employment, pertinent dates, and concise, descriptive and detailed information for each question.
- If a job included responsibilities applicable to several questions, separate the different functions of the job to answer all the questions completely.
- Resumes or referral to the application or other questionnaire responses will not be accepted in lieu of completing each question.
- If you have no experience, write "no experience" for the appropriate question.
- For many individuals, it is more efficient to develop responses to the supplemental questions in a word processing document and then paste them into the final document to be submitted. Changes or corrections to your Supplemental Questionnaire cannot be made once your application packet has been submitted.
- If the Supplemental Questionnaire is used in the Formula Rate exam, failure to complete all of the questions or incomplete responses will result in a lower score. While scoring the Supplemental Questionnaire, the candidate's application and/or attachments will not be reviewed , therefore, a candidate's responses to the questions should be accurate, thorough, detailed, and complete.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications by the cut-off date will have their Supplemental Questionnaire scored in the Formula Rate Examination.
This examination will evaluate the relevance, level, recency, progression and quality of candidate's education, training and experience. The candidate's application or other materials will not be included in this examination. Therefore, the candidate's responses to the supplemental questionnaire should be thorough, detailed and complete. The score from the Formula Rate Examination will determine the ranking on the eligible/employment list for this job.
All candidates competing in the testing process will receive written notice of their examination results by email. Notices can also be accessed in their governmentjobs.com inbox. Applicants achieving a passing score will be placed on the eligible list in rank order. The rank is determined by the test score attained from the examination.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
For information regarding County jobs:
Closing Date/Time: 5/16/2019 5:00 PM Pacific