Parking Enforcement Officer $4,824 - $5,864 per month Plus excellent benefits LAST DAY TO APPLY: Friday, April 5, 2019 THE POSITION:
The City of San Rafael is recruiting for Parking Enforcement Officer. This position patrols assigned areas such as the public parking lots or section of the City to issue tickets to overtime parking violators. This position collects coins from parking meters, enforces parking laws and abandoned vehicle abatement program. This position performs the following essential job duties:
To be eligible for this position you must have knowledge of:
- Issues parking citations using hand-held computers.
- Enforces parking laws.
- Collects coins deposited in meters.
- Enforces abandoned vehicle abatement program.
- Prepares monthly statistical reports on activities.
- Reports missing traffic signals or signs, or broken parking meters.
- Chalks tires of vehicles parked in non-metered spaces, records time, and returns at specified intervals to ticket vehicles remaining in spaces illegally.
- Marks and arranges for towing of abandoned or illegally parked vehicles or impounding of vehicles for outstanding tickets.
- Receives and records complaints from citizens regarding illegally parked and abandoned vehicles.
- Enters data into computer about abandoned and illegally parked vehicles.
- Minor repair and maintenance of parking meters.
- Performs related duties as required.
To be eligible for this position you must possess the ability to:
- Interpersonal skills
- Oral and written communications
- Correct written and spoken English
- Municipal parking regulations and vehicle code
- Police department procedures and forms
- Hand held computers
- Operation of PC computers and related software
- Simple statistical report writing
- Vehicle towing procedures
- Explain and enforce parking regulations.
- Operate a personal computer and related software.
- Prepare and maintain records and files.
- Compile data and prepare simple reports.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with others.
- Operate a variety of modern office and Police equipment.
- Operate a three-wheel scooter.
- Push or pull a 100-pound meter collection canister.
- Work night and weekend shifts.
Language/Mathematical/Reasoning Skills :
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), OR
- One to three months of related experience and/or training, OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions and regularly works in evenings or on weekends. The employee occasionally works in inside environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Hazards are moderate, fairly predictable and protected against. APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS: City of San Rafael application is required.
Resumes do not substitute for the City application. Candidates should detail related education and experience on the application since this information will be used to determine who will be invited to participate in the next phase of the examination process. The examination process may include the following: application appraisal and oral board interview examination. The passing point for the oral board examination final score will be 70%. Note: Prior to appointment, candidate must pass a background check, DMV check, pre-employment physical/drug screen, and fingerprinting. To file an application: Reasonable Accommodation:
The City of San Rafael will make reasonable accommodations in the exam process to accommodate disabled applicants. If you have a disability for which you require an accommodation, please contact us at (415) 485-3474 no later than seven (7) calendar days before the test date.
Job PDF: Parking Enforcement Officer Job Announcement.pdf
The City of San Rafael offers an attractive compensation and benefits program. The salary range for this position is $57,888 - $70,368 Annually
, DOQ/DOE and a competitive benefits program including:
- Retirement:The City is a part of the Marin County Employee Retirement Association (MCERA) plan, which offers reciprocity between agencies in CalPERS (this is part of the 37 Act County System);
- Classic Employees - 2% @ at 55 formula, single highest year of compensation;
- PEPRA employees - hired after 1/1/13 or with 6-month break in service are eligible for a 2% at 62 formula, highest 3 year average compensation.
- Health Insurance:Full flex cafeteria plan which can be applied to a health plan or converted to cash (Employee Only - $757.96; Employee+1 - $1,433.74; Employee+Family - $1,571.09; Waive Coverage $300.00)
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance:$5,000 basic and long-term disability is two-thirds of the salary up to $1,000 per month
- Dental Insurance:Fully paid premiums
- Vision Insurance:Fully paid employee premium
- Deferred Comp
- Annual Leave:Vacation 10 days (1-3 years of service/6.25 hours earned per month); 12 days per year; 11 holidays and 2 floating holidays.
- And more......
Contact email: email@example.com
Closing Date/Time: 4/5/2019 at 11:30pm