About Our Job
The Pool Maintenance Technician will perform highly-skilled work in maintaining, repairing, and replacing mechanical, chemical, or hardware in the operation of 16 outdoor and 15 indoor/year-round pools throughout Denver. This position is a great opportunity for those looking for job stability
This position will report to 4495 Jason Street, Denver CO 80211, but will work at various locations throughout the City of Denver. This position will work Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and will participate in rotating on call after-hours/weekend/holiday emergency response. While the full pay range of this Job Classification is $20.08 - $29.32, our target hiring rate for this position is between $20.08 - $24.70, depending on education, experience and qualifications.
- Inspects pools and maintains operation of pumps, motors, filters, computerized electronic controls, plumbing and pool equipment.
- Handles hazardous chemicals such as chlorine, bromine, muriatic acid, and test kit materials for pool set ups.
- Utilizes electrical testing devices and checks switches and wiring for grounds, shorts or loose connections.
- Reviews construction blueprints and wiring diagrams/schematic for mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Prepares and maintains outdoor pools and pool buildings for summer operation and winter shut down.
- Determines own work schedule to respond to service calls during after-hours and weekends (especially during the Summer).
- Completes and resolves problems encountered.
- Repairs and replaces defective pool operating systems, pumps, chlorine, feeders, heaters, and chemical controllers.
- Identifies problems and reports work requiring collaboration with other skilled trades workers
- Oversees, communicates, and trains pool staff in regard to mechanical and chemical operation of pools.
- Coordinates activities of contractors hired for pool projects.
- Provides information on site designs to architects, engineers; pool consultants and contractors as required.
- Maintains records and prepares reports.
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for a reliable and hard-working professional with strong time-management skills. Additionally, our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience with BECSystem Automated Chemical Controllers, Pulsar Chlorine Feeders, and Medium Pressure UV units
We realize that your time is valuable so please do not apply unless you meet the following minimum qualifications:
About Everything Else
- Education Requirement: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate
- Experience Requirement: Two (2) years of experience performing a variety of duties requiring construction, mechanical, chemical and building maintenance skills
- Education/Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
- Licensure/Certification: This job requires driving. Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Possession of a Certified Pool Operator Certificate at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
CJ2578 Pool Maintenance Technician
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Pay Range $20.08 - $29.32
Parks and Recreation
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here