About Our Job
Denver International Airport is the 20th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th-busiest airport in the United States, serving 61.4 million passengers last year and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States and consists of 15 million square feet of built environment.
Our plumbing team works a broad variety of issues from day-to-day preventative maintenance to emergency response repair in multiple environments from facilities to storm drainage and sewers. You will be working with a team that uses a wide variety of equipment to work on a broad scale of plumbing systems.
- Performs preventative maintenance, maintenance and repair work on all plumbing systems and fixtures in accordance to agency or department standards and code requirements.
- Installs or alters new or upgraded plumbing systems and fixtures for the purpose of construction, tenant finishing or remodeling according to diagram specifications and code requirements.
- Responds to plumbing service or trouble calls, troubleshoots and provides problem resolution.
- Inspects, maintains and repairs various types of fire protection systems.
- Maintains, tests, and installs devices for the prevention of backflow, back siphonage or cross connection.
- Prepares working sketches and works from blueprints, written, or verbal instructions.
- Maintains records and prepares daily activity reports.
- Estimates materials, labor and equipment costs.
- Assists in the maintenance and repair work in a variety of skilled trades areas.
- Participates in snow removal duties as assigned.
Are you looking for stability and great benefits? Are you ready to work in a dynamic environment and still receive a pension? Are you looking for an organization that will invest in your growth and development? Does working 4 days per week in 10 hours shifts fit your schedule? Then we want you!
We are looking for a dedicated plumbers to work in the dynamic and ever changing atmosphere of DEN. In addition to your Journey Plumber's License the following is a plus:
- Experience installing, diagnosing and repairing:
- Sewer Mains / Lines
- Lift Stations
- Fire Protection
- Commercial or Industrial experience
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from high school or possession of GED Certificate required and completion of a state recognized apprentice program for plumbers.
- Possession of a valid Journey Plumber's License issued by the State of Colorado at the time of application.
- Possession of a Colorado Commercial Driver's License (CDL "B") with appropriate endorsements by the end of probation.
FBI Background Check: An FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony conviction and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance / be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Shift Work / Snow Duties / Emergency Incidents: this position does require shift work as DEN is a 24/7/365 operation (includes nights, weekends and holidays). Mandatory extended/additional shifts can be required. Additionally, this position is required to work mandatory snow duties, which vary and can include nights, weekends and holidays.About Everything Else
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Pay Range $23.99 - $35.03
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here