About Our Job
Application Process: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible because this posting may close without notice.
Lifeguards love their jobs because they have the opportunity to:
- Learn valuable life-saving skills
- Build a foundation for a strong resume
- Interact with and contribute to Denver's local communities
- Build confidence in their skills
- Flexible hours
- Potentially spend the summer working outdoors, soaking in the sun and staying fit!
Check out what it's like to be a Lifeguard: https://vimeo.com/210677886
Starting pay at $11.10/hour
Once hired, earn your Water Safety Instructor Certification for and earn swim instruction pay differential for time instructing swim classes: group swim lessons (hourly rate + 50%) and private swim lessons (hourly rate + 75%)
Lifeguards perform public safety and recreational work supervising, swimming and enforcing regulations at municipal pools:
- Observes and patrols pool and enforces safety regulations.
- Assists swimmers from water when in danger.
- Performs resuscitation and first aid when appropriate.
- Some positions may coach swimming teams.
- Some positions may perform minor maintenance work on pool equipment.
- Some positions provide counter work as assigned.
- May perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
This is an on-call position which will work no more than 39 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits. On-call positions may have routine or variable work schedules. This position will work an average of 39 hours per week.About You
Our ideal candidates will be strong swimmers with an enthusiasm for engaging with the public. Additionally, candidates will be expected to demonstrate reliability.
We realize that your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you meet the following minimum qualifications:
About Everything Else
- Education requirement: None
- Experience Requirement: Must be 15-years-old at time of application per lifeguard certification requirements.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: None
- License/Certifications: Possession of current Lifeguard Training Certification from one of the following agencies: NASCO, American Red Cross, Ellis & Associates, Star Guard within the first month of employment.
- Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Pay Range $11.10 - $15.20
Parks and Recreation
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here