Position Description An Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace Invites your interest for the position ofPhysical Therapist - Physically Handicapped Children (PHC) $7,024- $9,588 monthly Final Filing Date: Open Until FilledPriority Screening Date: 04/25/2019 Exam #19/50G23/02RU Summary of Position
The Health Department's Public Health Bureau
has one (1) opening for a Physical Therapist-Physically Handicapped Children (PHC)
in the California Children's Services (CCS) Medical Therapy Program. The Physical Therapist (PHC) delivers a full range of physical therapy services including evaluation, planning, and providing PT treatment to children with physical disabilities. The Physical Therapist works collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team, including physicians, nurses, occupational and speech therapists, social workers, nutritionists, school personnel, and outside agencies to meet the therapy needs of the children served by the CCS Medical Therapy Program (MTP). The mission of the CCS MTP is to maximize the quality of life for special needs children through the provision of Physical and Occupational Therapy services including ongoing assessment, treatment and consultation to the child, family, and community.
A list of eligible candidates resulting from this recruitment may be used to fill current and future full-time or temporary vacancies as they arise. Examples of Duties THE IDEAL CANDIDATE Will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate:
- Understanding of anatomy, physiology, neuro-muscular functions and dysfunctions and kinesiology; basic pathology involved in cerebral palsy cases.
- Provide physical therapy treatment and give instruction to children, parents and other care providers.
- Evaluate children (birth to age 21) with eligible orthopedic or neuromuscular conditions and administer appropriate test measurement tools.
- Plan physical therapy treatment programs, set appropriate goals and objectives, and modify as needed.
- Read and write clearly and effectively to keep records and prepare reports on patient's treatment and progress.
- Confer with physicians, teachers, parents and other professional and non-professional staff to insure maximum benefits to the children in reaching therapy goals.
- Assess the need for durable medical equipment (DME), adaptive equipment and orthotics, and monitors their use by the patient.
- Communicate orally in a clear manner and maintain cooperative work relationships.
Conditions of Employment:
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Sensitivity to clients and families
- Enough energy to effectively provide therapy to patients
Examples of Experience/Education/Training
- Possess and maintain a valid California Class C driver's license.
- Possess and maintain a valid license to practice physical therapy issued by the Physical Therapy Board of California.
- Due to the sensitive nature of these positions, the Health Department reserves the right to fingerprint and conduct police background checks of appointees for some positions.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through various types of experience, education, or training, typically:
- Successful completion of course work and graduation from an accredited school of Physical Therapy approved by the Board of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Physical Therapist - Physically Handicapped Children
Two years of experience as a licensed physical therapist providing therapy to physically handicapped children.
For complete information see the class specification/job description on our website at:
https://www.co.monterey.ca.us/pages/hr/class-specs/50G23.pdf Additional Information APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURES
To Apply: Submit the following to the Monterey County Health Department, Human Resources Division, 1270 Natividad Road, Salinas, CA 93906: Priority Screening Date: 04/25/2019 Final Filing Date: Open Until Filled
Please be aware if the application form, responses to supplemental questions, and copies of Certificates are not submitted timely with other required application materials, the application will be removed from further consideration and not be considered further. Or apply on-line at
- Monterey County Employment Application
- Response to supplemental questions
- Copy of license to practice physical therapy issued by Physical Therapy Board of California
Application materials will be competitively evaluated. Those applicants who are determined to be most appropriately qualified will be invited to participate further in the process. To further assess applicant's possession of required qualifications, this examination may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exercise, performance exam, and/or written examination. For more information or to receive application materials, contact the Health Department Human Resources Division at 831-755-4618. SPECIAL NOTE:
BENEFITS: The County offers an excellent benefits package (H Bargaining Unit)
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please call the Health Department Human Resources Office at (831) 755-4618.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly, and you will not be eligible for the benefits listed above.
The County of Monterey offers a premium benefit package. A summary of benefits for this position can be viewed on the County website. This information is intended to provide you with a general summary of benefits available and is not legally binding. The benefits listed in the Monterey County Personnel Policies & Practices Resolution or "H" MOU prevails over this listing.
See http://www.co.monterey.ca.us/home/showdocument?id=62246 for more information (H bargaining Unit Benefit Summary Sheet.)
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.