Position Information Now Hiring: Valley of the MoonResidential Service Workers!
This recruitment is being conducted to fillmultiple intermittent extra-help Residential Service Worker positions at theHuman Services Department'sValley of the Moon Children's Home. Residential Service Workers provide a variety of services,including:
- Laundering dirty linens, contaminated clothing, and personal items for children in residence
- Keeping closets stocked with towels, sheets, blankets, and pillow cases
Housekeeping (bedrooms, bathrooms, meeting rooms, and kitchen)
- Emptying wastebaskets, sweeping and mopping floors, and washing windows and showcases
- Making beds and changing linens for small children and babies
- Cleaning restrooms and replenishing supplies
- Dusting, polishing, and preparing rooms for meetings
- Maintaining inventory of children's clothing, toys, toiletries, and sports equipment
- Supporting special events for children and foster families including holidays, training, and recognition events
- Preparing, cooking,handling, and serving food
- Washing dishes, pots, and pans
- Maintaining sanitation standards
This position requires the ability to lift, push, and pull heavy equipment and supplies. Also, Residential Service Workers may be required to work for long periods of time while standing, and under conditions of high temperature.
This listmay also be used to fill future extra-help vacancies as they occur during the active status of the list. EXTRA-HELP EMPLOYMENT
Extra-help employees relieve or augment permanent staff. Intermittent, extra-help employees are not in the classified civil service and do not have property rights to permanently allocated positions. In addition, they do not receive most regular employee benefits such as: long-term disability insurance coverage; accrual of vacation; participation in the County retirement program; or eligibility to take promotional examinations.Intermittent, extra-help employees are limited in their employment to a maximum of 1,380 hours within any twelve month consecutive period.
Extra-help employees who meet the eligibility requirements may qualify for aCounty contribution toward medical coverage.APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS REQUIRE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE BE COMPLETED.Minimum Qualifications Education:
The ability to read and write English commensurate with the knowledge and abilities.Experience:
Any combination of training and experience which would provide an opportunity to acquire the knowledge and abilities; normally, a course in institutional food preparation combined with six month's experience in Janitorial work would provide this opportunity. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Working knowledge of:
the methods and procedures involved in the large scale preparation of foods; the use, care and cleaning of a variety of kitchen equipment commonly used in the preparation and cooking of large quantities of food; a variety of common recipes; health and safety hazards in food preparation and service and necessary safety precautionary measures; janitorial methods and equipment.Knowledge of:
safety practices as applied to janitorial work.Ability to:
follow oral and written instructions and to work with others; learn the routine clerical procedures involved in the maintenance of stock inventories; prepare and cook food in large quantities; operate tools and equipment used in janitorial work. Selection Procedure & Some Helpful Tips When Applying
- Your application information and your responses to the supplemental questions are evaluated and taken into consideration throughout the entire selection process.
- You should list all employers and positions held within the last ten years in the work history section of your application. Be as thorough as possible when responding to the supplemental questions.
- You may include history beyond ten years if related to the position for which you are applying. If you held multiple positions with one employer, list out each position separately.
- Failure to follow these instructions may impact your competitiveness in this process or may result in disqualification.
Please visit Getting a Jobwith the County of Sonoma to review more detailed information about the application, examination, and department selection processes.APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS REQUIRE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE BE COMPLETED.
The selection procedure will consist of the following examination:
An Application and Supplemental Questionnaire Appraisal
(pass/not pass) will be conducted to evaluate each applicant's combination of educational coursework, training, experience, knowledge, and abilities which relate to this position to ensure satisfaction of the minimum qualifications for this position.Candidates who possess the minimum qualifications for the position will be placed on an extra-help employment list and referred to the department. The department may contact candidates from the employment list who possess the most appropriate job-related qualifications for further consideration. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
A background investigation is required prior to employment. Candidates referred to departments for a selection interview are typically required to sign authorization and release forms enabling such an investigation. Failure to sign prescribed forms will result in the candidate not being considered further for that vacancy. Reference information will not be made available to applicants.
Additional requirements, such as successful completion of a physical exam, drug screen, etc., may apply, depending on the duties and responsibilities of the position. If you receive a conditional job offer for the position, the requirements upon which the offer are contingent will be outlined in the conditional job letter. You may also review the Job Classification Screening Schedule to determine the requirements for this position. HOW TO APPLY
Applications are accepted on-line at www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org . Paper applications may be submitted by person, fax (707-565-3770), email, or through the mail. All applications and appropriate supplemental information as outlined in the job bulletin must be RECEIVED by the time and date specified on the first page of this job announcement. Continuous recruitments may close without notice at any time that a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received. Applications received after the recruitment closes will not be accepted.
The County of Sonoma prioritizes and is committed to continuously providing a workplace where equal employment opportunity is afforded to all people.Please view the County's Equal Employment Opportunity Policy for further information.
HR Analyst: JLHR Technician: RR