The Modesto Irrigation District is currently recruiting to fill one full-time regular vacancy in the Domestic Water Department, Water Operations Division, to assist in the operation of the Water Quality Laboratory and in the Water Quality Program. Any qualified individual may apply.
This is a non-exempt position and is allocated to the Administrative, Technical and Clerical Bargaining Unit. The list established as a result of this recruitment may be used to fill otherWater Treatment Plant Laboratory TechnicianIvacancies that may occur within the District through April 1, 2020. Examples of Duties:
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
Other Related Duties
- Prepare bacteriological media and standard chemical solutions;
- Perform analyses of water quality using laboratory instruments and procedures;
- Clean glassware;
- Maintain the laboratory in a neat and orderly fashion;
- Collect samples for analysis;
- Participate in the quality assurance program;
- Record test results neatly, accurately, and promptly.
Perform other duties as required. Typical Qualifications:
Any combination of education, experience, knowledge and abilities may satisfy the necessary minimum qualifications. A typical way to obtain the education, experience, knowledge and abilities would be:Education:
High school diploma or equivalent. Graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university with a Bachelor of Science degree in biology, chemistry, or sanitary engineering.Experience
:Three (3) years of water quality laboratory experience.Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic techniques of laboratory measurement and analysis;
- Knowledge of operation of basic laboratory instruments and apparatus.
- Ability to perform assignments reliably;
- Ability to use good laboratory work and safety practices;
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal directions;
- Ability to provide technical assistance to the operators for the production of quality drinking water.
: Must have a valid California Class C drivers license; certification as a Water Treatment Plant Operator Grade II issued by the State of Calif. required within 12 months of appointment to the position and maintained thereafter. Supplemental Information:
Qualified applicants must submit a completed District application. A resume describing experience and qualifications for the position is recommended.APPLY IMMEDIATELY. The position is open until filled. Screening of applications will begin on or after, Friday,April 26, 2019. Applications received after this date are not guaranteed consideration.
Applications will be reviewed on a comparative basis and only those most qualified will be invited to continue in the selection process, which will consist of an overall assessment of the individual's skills through (1) oral interview; and (2) contacting of references to include current and former supervisors. The applicant must perform successfully in each phase of the recruitment in order to continue in the selection process.
Applicants requiring necessary accommodations to the application process may contact Human Resources at(209) 526-7341. California Relay Service is available at (800) 735-2922 voice and (800) 735-2929 TDD.
The Modesto Irrigation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE VERIFICATION OF HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR GED AND PASS A MEDICAL EXAM INCLUDING A DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREEN AND A COMPLETE BACKGROUND CHECK PRIOR TO BEGINNING WORK. INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE