The Recreation Aide Lifeguard will protect the lives of the City's patrons by sitting on the stand, scanning the water, observing patron's activities and enforcing pool rules and regulations. Other duties include ensuring the sanitation of water conditions, providing customer service and answering customer's questions, setting up facilities for special events and interacting with City employees and the general public. As well as maintaining the interior facilities; overseeing the operations of the facility; developing and implementing recreational programs; and maintaining communication for the facility.
This position is working 10-19 hours per week. Candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays. Essential Job Functions
- Ensures the safety of the general public by enforcing pool rules and regulations; monitoring activities and providing assistance when necessary.
- Provides service to the general public by coaching swimming lessons; scanning the water to monitor activities; informing customers' of upcoming events and answering inquiries.
- Prepares facilities for special events by setting up tables and chairs and decorating
- A high school diploma or GED and a valid Texas Class C driver's license preferred.
- A Lifeguard Certification (Red Cross, YMCA, or Ellis), First Aid and CPR Certification is required or be able to obtain after hire date.
- Water Safety Instructor's (WSI) Certificate preferred
- This position is working 10-19 hours per week
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some nights, weekends and holidays
Closing Date/Time: Continuous