Salary: 17 Hourly
Salary Top: 20
Apply By: Nov 30, 2019
Why work for the Town?
Do you want to work for one of the most beautiful, safe and thriving towns in the nation? Consider working for the Town of Collierville! At the Town of Collierville, The Building and Codes Division is comprised of three individual sections: Plan Reviews and Permitting Process, Building Inspection and Code Compliance. The Building and Codes Division issues construction permits, performs plan reviews and field inspections of buildings and properties to ensure a safe and clean environment throughout the community. The Division regulates Local and State Laws related to construction, maintenance, use, repair and rehabilitation.
What will you do?
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned
- Inspects buildings in the course of construction, alteration, and repair for compliance with several of various construction codes that may govern for conformity to existing code requirements.
- Inspects the work of various tradesmen to ensure adequate conformity to the design at both the preliminary phases of construction, when the building framing is started and at the final stages.
- Inspects all buildings and structures for compliance with building, electrical, plumbing, and/or HVAC code requirements.
- Deals with contractors in making final inspections of construction to check overall code and regulation conformity to plans and takes necessary steps to correct violations.
- Confers with other inspectors and owners of property relative to the interpretation and application of building codes and related laws, ordinances, and regulations and with respect to the correction of defects found.
- Inspects existing dwellings and premises for compliance with Town codes and ordinances.
What are we looking for?
- A successful candidate will have High School Diploma or GED; supplemented by college level courses in building construction and/or electrical engineering.
- This person will also need five (5) years’ experience in the building construction industry, skilled construction trades or in comparable code enforcement work, three (3) of which must be in the assigned area of responsibility i.e. electrical, plumbing, HAVAC, etc.
How to apply?
To apply for this position, you must submit an original Town of Collierville application. Applications are available to download at www.collierville.com under the Employment Opportunities tab, or you may obtain one from our Human Resources Office located at 500 Poplar View Parkway, Collierville, TN, 38017, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Completed applications must be submitted either by mail or in person to the above address. We are unable to accept faxed or emailed applications.