Description The Information Services Departmentof the County of San Mateo is seeking
highly-qualified candidates for the position of
IT Applications Developer - CJI.
To view the online brochure for this recruitment please follow this link:IT Applications Developer - CJI job brochureThe current vacancy is aLimited-Term position, which could last for up to three years.
Limited Termemployees are extra-help, at will employees, who receivemedical and dentalbenefits, similar to regular employees, and a defined contribution retirement plan (401A). The eligible listgenerated from this recruitment may be used to fill future limited term, extra-help, unclassified,and regular classifiedvacancies. INFORMATION FOR CURRENT COUNTY EMPLOYEES
Current and regular County of San Mateo Employees who are interested in this assignment must submit an application and compete in the recruitment process. If you are successful in the recruitment and are being considered for the assignment, HR will work directly with you and/or your department for options.Please note that there is no guarantee that you will be allowed by your department to rotate into this assignment nor are your departments obligated to allow you to take on this assignment. The salary range for this position is "as is" and non-negotiable.
Examples Of Duties
Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the functions of the job.
- Functions as a liaison between project managers, systems specialists, data specialists, communications specialists, and client systems specialists to ensure standards and protocols are maintained; assists in coordinating activities with other information services staff.
- Maintains communication with all stakeholders on system status during major systems incidents; identifies underlying problems causing incidents and designs, proposes, and implements resolutions.
- Provides recommendations to managers and supervisors on the development of long- and short-term system infrastructure plans.
- Individually, as a project team member, or as a technical lead, works on and is responsible for complex software applications research, development, conversion, installation, and maintenance projects, including planning, organizing, and defining project requirements, methods, and end objectives in consultation with end users; coordinates project activities with team members, other section staff, user representatives and outside vendors.
- Interviews, analyzes, and documents end user work processes and systems requirements; conducts systems walk-throughs and technical reviews; develops or refines system specifications, including evaluating and testing vendor software packages for conformance with user requirements and priorities.
- Facilitates and conducts business process redesign or technical design sessions and/or focus groups for design and implementation of new processes or systems.
- Designs and documents business processes and work flow strategies for the management, access, and retrieval of data, defines data rules and relationships, and develops methods for quality control.
- Develops and executes test plans to ensure application performance conforms to specifications.
- Participates in the development and documentation of business processes and relates them to application software; recommends and implements procedural and operational modifications to optimize internal and customer workflows.
- Responds to and resolves software users' inquiries and complaints and escalates problems or issues to vendor representatives as needed.
- Conducts formal and informal training programs on use and operation of application system software.
- Develops and recommends comprehensive standards, policies, procedures, and technical documentation.
- Conducts special research assignments, gathers data, and prepares reports for consideration by management or special committees.
- Stays abreast of new trends and innovations in technology related to County operations; researches, recommends, and evaluates vendor solutions and technologies; implements improvements; works with staff to maintain, revise, or improve operations and systems.
- Writes and maintains user and technical operating instructions and documentation; provides training to users and other technical staff and advises on best practices.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to staff and/or users via voicemail, email, or in-person communication.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Education and Experience:
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in management information systems, computer science, or a related field and four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in applications analysis, design, and development.
Additional related experience may substitute for education requirement on a year-for-year basis, up to four (4) years.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Some positions may require possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California Driver's License.
- Some positions may require possession of, or ability to obtain, industry-recognized information technology certifications.
Application/Examination Anyone may apply.
This is a Limited-Term position. Responses to the supplemental questions must be submitted in addition toour regular employment application form. A resume will not be accepted as a substitute for the required employment application and supplemental questionnaire.
Submitted applications will be reviewed by a panel of subject matter experts. Applicants whose application indicate work that is most relevant to the current needs of the Department will be contacted to schedule an interview. All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement through any subsequent phase of the examination. All examinations will be given in San Mateo County, California, and applicants must participate at their own expense.This is a continuous recruitment. Application screenings and departmental interviews will occur on a regular basis as applications are received.This position could be filled at any time. Please apply immediately if you are interested in this important career opportunity.IMPORTANT
:Applications for this position will only be accepted online.
If you are currently on the County's website, you may click on the"Apply"
button. If you are not on the County's website, please go tohttps://jobs.smcgov.org/
to apply.At the County of San Mateo, we take pride in the way our employees bring together their diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to serve our community's needs. The Countyis an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Analyst: Lucy Fung(04182019) (IS Application Support Analyst III -V262)