Requisition Number: 51841
Department: PoliceCITY OF FORT WORTH LATERAL ENTRY OFFICER $5,469/monthly* or $65,624/annually*, for 3-5 years' experience $5,741/monthly* or $68,890/annually*, for 6+ years' experience APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED THROUGH SEPTEMBER 30, 2019 OR UNTIL 60 CANDIDATES ARE HIRED** APPLY ON-LINE ONLY at: http://fortworthtexas.gov/hr Requirements:
- At the time of application, each applicant must be actively employed as a full-time paid police officers for a municipal, county or state law enforcement agency.
- Applicant must have a total of 3 years of active service for one or more municipal, county, or state law enforcement agencies that has at least 30 sworn police officers and handles a full array of urban police work (i.e., respond to all types of calls for law enforcement services).
- Applicants who work or worked for an agency that has fewer than 30 sworn police officers will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- School or university law enforcement and Military police do not qualify for the Lateral Entry Officer (LEO) Academy.
- All applicants being considered for the Lateral Entry Officers Academy must receive a Texas Peace Officer License by TCOLE, prior to graduation (if they do not already have a license at the time of application) and to be eligible for the intermediate certificate prior to completing their academy course of study. Please contact TCOLE at (512) 936-7700 for more information about the license and intermediate certificate requirements. Applicants can also apply for the City of Fort Worth Police Department Trainee Academy, if they are not eligible for the LEO Academy.
- Each applicant will be required to pass a background investigation, medical examination, psychological examination, polygraph examination and a physical agility test (PAT). The Physical Agility test must be passed with a time not greater than 2 minutes and 34 seconds. The date for the PAT will be determined at a later date.
Must be a U.S. Citizen at the time application. Age:
Applicants must be no less than 20 years, 6 months old and have not reached their 46th birthday at the time they apply. License:
Must present a valid driver's license and possess an acceptable driving record. Veteran:
Veterans must have received an Honorable discharge. A copy of your DD214-4 will be required. Education:
Must have a high school diploma or a GED. Compensation in Addition to Base Pay Longevity Pay:
$4 per month per the number of years of service with the City of Fort Worth, up to 25 years. Education Incentive pay:
Up to $300 per month, depending on certification and/or degree held. Uniforms:
Periodic uniform maintenance allowance provided. Bilingual pay:
Up to $125 per month upon successful completion of the Language Proficient Tests. Benefits:
Three weeks paid vacation Fifteen days sick leave Retirement fund Eight paid holiday Seven days family sick leave Credit Union Personal paid holidays Military leave Health and life insurance
** Whichever occurs first FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL: 817-392-5575
Bob Bolen Public Safety Complex
505 W. Felix Street
Fort Worth, TX 76115
Website: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact:
Human Resources Department
200 Texas Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Closing Date/Time: 9/30/19