Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
The Talent Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all aspects of recruiting, onboarding, and offboarding Contingent Workers (i.e., Interns, Externs, Volunteers, Vendors, Contractual, Temporary, Students or Residents) assigned to various programs. This individual acts as the primary liaison between schools, employment agencies, workforce organizations, and LCHD/CHC supervisors to identify contingent worker placement needs and partnership opportunities. Serve as the intermediary between the LCHD/CHC, preceptor, and student to ensure effective and timely communications and that there is integration of theory and practice during the practice-based learning experience.
Location: 3010 Grand Avenue, Waukegan IL
Hours: Monday - Friday
Skills and Experience
- Serve as the primary liaison between schools, employment agencies, workforce organizations, and LCHD/CHC supervisors to identify contingent worker placement needs and partnership opportunities.
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of recruiting, onboarding, and offboarding Contingent Workers (i.e., Interns, Externs, Volunteers, Temporary or Students) assigned to various programs, in conjunction with the site manager or Preceptor.
- Coordinate and deliver contingent worker orientation to ensure a positive on-boarding experience to include receiving access to computer systems, review required policies and training, and other organizational expectations.
- Complete initial screening interviews with contingent workers and make candidate recommendations to site managers and preceptors.
- Conduct the contingent worker references, background checks, coordinate pre-employment drug and TB tests, primary source verification on licenses/certifications, and collect, process and file all on-boarding paperwork.
- Facilitate completion and review of the affiliation agreements to ensure consistency with agency standards and requirements.
- Identify potential site managers and preceptors that are willing to provide practice-based learning, internship and externship opportunities for contingent worker placement at their sites.
- Ensure site managers or preceptors possess relevant qualifications to supervise the contingent workers and that the site meets the agency requirements.
- Serve as the intermediary between the LCHD/CHC, preceptor, and student to ensure effective and timely communications and that there is integration of theory and practice during the practice-based learning experience.
- Interfacing with site managers or preceptors to ensure they are clear on their commitment and role of assigning and managing the day-to-day activities of contingent workers, creating learning objectives, evaluating performance and competencies, monitoring attendance, and providing progress reports to the external organization or school as required.
- Conduct exit interviews with contingent workers, prior to their departure, including completion of a survey from the contingent worker and site manager or preceptor.
- Track information of contingent workers who have been employed by LCHD/CHC, after their work experience has ended.
- Fielding all student human resource related questions.
- Develop efficient methods to track student contingent worker placement and quantify the success rate of placement and work experiences.
- Responsible for processing any vouchers for the contingent worker, where applicable.
- Keeps thorough records of all recruitment activity including reporting and tracking applicant and contingent worker data.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all employee record information.
- Assist with planning events to promote public health careers.
- Serve as a backup to Recruiters to assist with screening candidates, as needed.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources or related field.
- With a Bachelor’s degree, 3 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience coordinating volunteer and internship programs, or recruitment preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with a wide variety of external partners like schools, universities, workforce organizations and leadership and management.
- Must possess exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulations related to recruitment and selection.
- Above average computer navigation skills with advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office/Outlook, Excel and intra/internet experience.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.