Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Confers with Assistant Mental Health Director in the development of detailed work programs and assigns housekeeping staff to specific areas and/or tasks.
- Completes regular inspection of the Marie Green Psychiatric Facility and reviews the performance of individual housekeepers to assure that cleanliness standards are met.
- During shift, receives calls for special housekeeping services throughout the department and assigns staff or personally provides required service.
- Advises and assists in the development and installation of improved processes and procedures.
- Ensures that the department's fleet is operational, monitors maintenance of all vehicles, and maintains the logs for the fleet.
- Monitors the department's mail delivery system and ensures that in the absence of the Delivery Driver mail service is not disrupted.
- Posts time cards, schedules personnel and keeps simple records.
- Ensures that facilities maintain an appropriate level of standard.
- Coordinates repairs as needed at the Department facilities to include personally performing the duties as needed. Also ensures that grounds are maintained and coordinates with landscaping services as needed.
- Trains new personnel on the proper use and handling of cleaning supplies and equipment to ensure safety and proper use.
- Develops new procedures for a more effective work flow.
- Evaluates assigned employees including counseling and documentation of poor or marginal performance of employees as needed to maintain standards of performance.
- Orders housekeeping supplies and conducts monthly in-service meetings with employees to explain changes in procedures, policies, and cleaning techniques within the division.
- Maintains communication with other divisions for special set-up requests in meeting rooms and personally follows up to see that proper set ups have been done.
- Moves furniture upon request and coordinates the relocation of offices.
- Attends seminars and training classes to keep abreast of new products and innovations.
Minimum Qualifications: Experience:
Four (4) years of experience which shall include institutional cleaning or housekeeping activities and maintenance of facilities of which two (2) years were lead or supervisory experience.Education:
Equivalent to graduation from high school. Possession of a certificate from a national school for Executive Housekeeper may be substituted for two (2) years of the non-lead or supervisory experience.License:
Possess a valid California driver's license at time of appointment and maintain.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous