Position Overview This is your chance to join Maricopa County Office of Enterprise Technology (OET) as a Public Safety/RF Programmer Analyst!
As a key member of Maricopa County, this position provides critical communication elements necessary to keep the public safe. The Public Safety RF Programmer/Analyst provides reliable and advanced radios to County agencies and ensures availability of vital public services for Maricopa County residents.
If you have experience working in the public safety radio and programming field then join our department! Come work in a radio hardware and software environment with cutting-edge technology and learn what it means to work for a prestigious department in the County! Position Qualifications Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or atechnology relatedfield.
- One (1) year of experience in configuration of radio template and programming support of Land Mobile Radio (LMR) equipment.
OR Combined education and experience qualifications:
- An equivalent combination of post-secondary education and/or experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Our Preferred Candidate has:
- Have the ability to obtain by the time of hire, a valid Arizona driver's license.
Essential Job Tasks
- Experience in a Motorola LMR wide-area trunking environment of medium to large size system.
- Experience with Motorola APX and XTS/XTL Motorola Customer Programming Software (CPS).
- Experience with the creation and maintenance of programming templates for mobile, portable, base station and dispatch consoles in an LMR wide area system.
- Motorola Certified Programming and/or Template Development training
- Performs technical configurations, support and maintenance on the Motorola Network Management (NM), client and individual programming templates within Land Mobile Radio (LMR) software.
- Manages all radio ID's affiliated to the radio network, including radio ID activations, Talkgroup creation, alias management, and radio inhibiting.
- Creates historical reports, edits code plugs, and physically programs mobile, portable, base station and console radios.
- Requests review and approves quotes for multiple agencies.
- Provides subscriber training.
- Maintains and updates subscriber units within Motorola Radio.
- Performs and maintains subscribers units within Motorola Key Management Facility (KMF) to include key set changes, key material updates and creation.
- Maintains accurate records of subscriber units with specialized key material access.
- Systems administration of Motorola Provisioning Manager (PM), Radio Control Manager (RCM), Unified Event Manager (UEM) and NM windows accounts.
- Maintains public safety wireless radio equipment, including encryption keyloaders and Motorola fleet management tools.
- Maintains and manages Motorola P25 Trunked Simulcast Systems.
The Public Safety/RF Programmer Analyst works in an office environment that consists of field work utilizing fleet vehicles/heavy equipment or traveling to customer locations, such as remote yards and Dispatch Centers. Field work may consist of locating and programming radios in a compacted and populated environment. Field work will take place in all weather conditions. Maricopa County is an EEO/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Selection Procedure
The hiring authority will select the successful candidate based on departmental needs.
All offers of employment made to new hires and rehires at Maricopa County are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment thorough background investigation. A background investigation is conducted on a current employee who changes to a Safety Sensitive Position or one having the potential for serious adverse impact on the integrity or efficiency of the County. These requirements do not pertain to employees of elected officials who undergo background investigation processes administered through their respective offices.
Typically successful candidates are hired at a salary rate, up to midpoint of the range, based on applicable experience, internal equity and budgetary allowances.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous