Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
We are seeking a strong Revenue Cycle Analyst that has extensive knowledge of the revenue cycle from intake to the Central Billing Office to join our growing Finance Team. In this position you will research and conduct analyses related to medical billing and reimbursement; maintain current knowledge in the areas of third-party billing, reimbursement schedules and methodologies, coding, payer contracts, billing and payment rules and regulations. In order to be successful in this role, you must possess a high level of analytical ability, excellent critical thinking skills and strong at problem-solving independently.
Location:3010 Grand Avenue, Waukegan, IL 60085
Hours: Monday through Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Skills and Experience
- The Analyst will serve as a resource for teams working on major, complex performance improvement efforts that affect multiple facility and clinical practice revenue cycle protocols throughout the agency.
- The position will review, analyze, develop and recommend changes to assist with all aspects of the revenue cycle.
- Assists in recommending comprehensive, informed business decisions through data analysis and coordination with Executive leadership and Program Managers/Leaders.
- Analyzes and reviews data generated by numerous systems to validate data accuracy, performance management and for revenue cycle trends.
- Analyze data for specific trends by insurance payer, accounts receivable aging, payer rejections, and write offs.
- Examines historical revenue cycle transactions and make accurate and reliable recommendations for management, example compile all data needed for the purpose of calculating insurance company settlements.
- Notify the appropriate staff to correct data integrity issues that are discovered through data analysis efforts.
- Ability to translate revenue trends and analysis to Program Operational managers as needed.
- Provides direction, technical assistance, and coordination as needed to assist in resolving payment issues with the MCO’s.
- Clear and concise communication skills in to order to facilitate payer calls to resolve payment issues.
- Analyzes a variety of statistical and management dashboard data regarding service utilization trends and program productivity.
- Provides trend analysis information to Finance/Business Manager or Directors of Finance and Healthcare Operations to aid in making financial, operational and/or training recommendations.
- Creates and maintains procedural manuals and directions as needed for routine analysis that are performed
- Provide input for training operations based on data analysis and investigation.
- Perform research and analysis related to billing and reimbursement; maintain current knowledge in the areas of third-party billing, reimbursement schedules and methodologies, coding, payer contracts, billing and payment rules and regulations.
- Develop and deliver organized, concise yet thorough, communications to management, regarding proposed changes, deficiencies, developments, and opportunities affecting the Agency and the Central Billing Office.
- Responsible for interfacing with the Health Informatics, Finance/Business Offices, and Program Coordinators/Leaders and providing data analysis as requested.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field with three years of progressively responsible medical billing operation OR associate degree with a medical billing certification or RHIT with six years of progressively responsible experience in a medical billing operation.
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in a healthcare finance/business office with medical billing practices is required. Knowledge or specialization in Medical or Behavioral Health Services is preferred along with government payers.
- Experience and documented ability in the areas of financial analysis using information from an Electronic Practice Management Systems and Electronic Health Records system.
- Advanced Proficiency in Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint is required.
- Experience with Crystal Reports and Tableau is preferred.
- Familiarity with mapping, analyzing, and summarizing large volumes of information downloaded in PC based flat files is required.
- Experience and understanding of medical coding such as CPT and HCPC’s codes is required.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.