About Our Job
Denver International Airport is the 20th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th-busiest airport in the United States, serving 61.4 million passengers last year and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States and consists of 15 million square feet of built environment. Join the team at DEN and be part of the future for the words most exciting and forward-thinking airport. Learn more about DEN at www.flydenver.com
Denver International Airport (DEN) is seeking an Airport Admin and Operations Internship to work with Airport Security staff to conduct regulatory audits as well as learn the day to day business of an Airport Security Badging Office. They will be exposed to and get working knowledge of CFR 1542, CFR 1544 and Part 139 operations. The individual will have the opportunity to work with DEN's federal partners and stakeholders to help the airport make good decisions that will become best practices for the airport and possibly setting industry standards. This position is available as soon as possible for approximately 6 months with the opportunity to be a total duration of 12 months.
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to experience:
- Oversight of multiple projects
- Assist in processing violation notices for the Violation Notice Program
- Leading, educating and training Airport ID badge holders on security programs/initiatives
- Assist in the collection of data to help security management rate contract compliance
Our ideal candidate will have/be:
- Current enrollment in Aviation, Aviation management, Airport Operations, Emergency Management, Criminal Justice or related field.
- Completed a minimum of 60 college credits
- Strong Knowledge of MS Office suite
- Interests in airport operations and security
- Ability to navigate complexity to problem solve
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven track record of attention to detail
- Able to work independently; self-starter
- Valid Driver's License at the time of application
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Current enrollment in a college program leading to a bachelor's degree specific to the departmental and/or work assignment.
Other mandatory documentation required to be considered for this position:
- Current college transcript (Official or Unofficial)
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.About Everything Else
TA0015 Professional Occupations Intern II
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Pay Range $15.88 - $15.88
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here