The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy.
OSDH is seeking a full time Quality Assurance Coordinator providing support to Center for Health Statistics. This is an unclassified position (PIN#34001302) in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Packet
, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents . For more information about the benefit allowance [ click here]
. The annual salary for this position is up to $64,272 based on education and experience. Position Description
This position is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating quality improvement and quality assurance activities of Vital Statistics. In order to achieve this, the incumbent will be required to consult with data providers including Health Care Facilities, Physicians, State Medical Examiner's Office, and Funeral Directors; federal and state partners; as well as other OSDH programs that rely on the information collected. Additionally, they will oversee the file management of Vital Records' (including induced termination of pregnancy) data. This includes data processing and editing, finalization, file creation and submission to other OSDH programs, state and federal agencies. Preferred Qualifications
SQL Coding Experience, strong SAS Macro coding knowledge/experience. Two years combined experience analyzing or doing data quality assurance for a medical or public health registry system. Duties include, but are not limited to
• Oversee file management of Vital Records' data related to federal contracts and Oklahoma mandated state partners. Assuring submission and data quality requirements are met or exceeded related to the Vital Records Cooperative Project contract with NCHS. This includes tasks such as:
o Developing data exports/reports
o Creating statistical reports
o Working with IT to address data inconsistencies, problem, bugs, errors within the Vital Records data or system (ROVER, VRScan, Imaging Repository)
o Writing queries to identify data gaps
o Creating Quality Assurance reports for data providers
o EVVE and STEVE management
o Provide recommendations to update policy, administrative code and law as appropriate.
o Serve as technical advisor to VR staff
• Assist other CHS data collection program managers with the development and implementation of quality assurance processes and programs, including Discharge, OCCR and Immunization data.
• Consult with Federal and State partners (Health Care Facilities, Physicians, State Medical Examiner's Office, Funeral Directors, etc) on the improvement of the Vital Records systems. Including HIE activities related to Vital Records.
• Consult and assist OSDH/VR staff in the system re-engineering, data cleaning, data archiving, record issuance projects
• Serve on various committees, councils and workgroups
• Represent the Department in meetings with other agencies
• Consult with partners in the coordination of grant writing and preparation of grant related reports
• Participate/Represent the Oklahoma State Department of Health on National Organizations related to Vital Records, Hospital Data, HIE activities, etc. Education and Experience
Master's degree in Public health (Biostatistics/Epidemiology), analytics, informatics, or related Master's level degree. At least two years of experience as a statistician, biostatistician, or epidemiologist. Proficiency coding in SAS. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of statistical and research theory and methods; of probability and sampling; of data processing applications to data management problems; of inferential statistics; of techniques of data collection; of a wide range of analytical principles and practices. Ability to monitor and evaluate program performance; to plan and organize programmatic research; to interpret and apply policy material; to analyze and interpret various health care needs; to speak to the public; to communicate statistical results effectively, both orally and in writing; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both professional and lay people and be competent in presenting data in technical and non-technical settings. Strong writing skills are essential and must be experienced with SAS statistical software and/or writing SQL queries. Physical Demands and Work Environment
Office environment and computer based.NOTES REQUIREMENTS:
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted. Conclusion Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Closing Date/Time: 8/22/2019 11:59:00 PM