Under general direction incumbents in this class perform architectural and/or drafting designs of buildings and related projects. The projects include those related to capital construction, alterations, maintenance and repairs. Incumbents also review the architectural portions of complex building designs and provide related services. Watch to Explore your career with purpose Examples of Knowledge and Abilities Knowledge of
- Architectural related planning, design, drafting and detailing.
- Building construction and building materials.
- Building codes as applied to architectural detail of buildings for life and safety issues.
- Principle and techniques of personnel management, training, lead direction and supervision.
Employment Qualifications Minimum QualificationsEither:
- Prepare architectural related drawings and specifications.
- Provide lead direction and/or supervise and train staff.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with client organizations, with other employees, consultants and the public.
- Prepare technical reports and correspondence.
- Read, write, and speak English at a level necessary for satisfactory performance on the job.
1. Two years of full-time experience in the class of Building Project Coordinator I (formerly titled Architectural Assistant) in Sacramento County service.Or:
2. A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, or a related field.And
Two years of full-time experience in architectural drafting, architectural specification writing, and architectural cost estimating under the supervision of a licensed architect or engineer and verified in writing by the architect or engineer.Or:
3. An AA or AS Technology Degree from a two-year college or technical school in Architectural Drafting, Drafting Technology or related field.And
Four years of full-time experience in architectural drafting, architectural specification writing, and architectural cost estimating under the supervision of a licensed architect or engineer and verified in writing by the architect or engineer.Or:
4. Six years of full-time experience in architectural drafting, architectural specification writing, and architectural cost estimating under the supervision of a licensed architect or engineer and verified in writing by the architect or engineer.Note:
If the word "experience" is referenced in the minimum qualifications, it means full-time paid experience unless the minimum qualification states that volunteer experience is acceptable. Part-time paid experience may be accumulated and pro-rated to meet the total experience requirements.Note:
If the minimum qualifications include an educational or certificate/license requirement, applicants must submit proof of requirements with the application. Failure to submit proof of requirements may result in disqualification from the examination. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. For guidelines on submitting acceptable proof of educational requirements, please click here or speak to someone in our office before the cut-off date listed in this notice.Probationary Period
The probationary period for this classification issix (6)
months. Application and Testing Information APPLICATION
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application online by 5:00 PM
on the final filing date of June 21, 2019
. Click here to apply.County of Sacramento
Department of Personnel Services
Employment Services Division
700 H Street, Room 4667
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone (916) 874-5593; 7-1-1 California Relay ServiceEmail
EmployOffice@Saccounty.net Inter-Office Mail Code: 09-4667
- Employment applications and all documentation requested in this announcement must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the final filing date.
- Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the final filing date.
- Your application should highlight all relevant education, training, and experience, and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position as of the final filing date.
- Application information must be current, concise and related to the requirements in this job announcement. You may only apply for this recruitment once. Duplicate and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- A resume may be included with your application, however it will not substitute for the information requested on the application.
Applicants are required to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question. The Supplemental Questionnaire is located in the tab marked "Supplemental Questions". Please be descriptive in your response.Note:
Responses of "See Resume" or "See Application", or copy and paste of work experience are not qualifying responses and will not be considered.
FORMULA RATE EXAMINATION (Weighted 100%)
- Supplemental Questionnaires must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the final filing date. Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the final filing date.
- The supplemental questions are designed to elicit specific information regarding a candidate's experience, education, and training. Responses should be consistent with the information on your application and are subject to verification.
- Please provide place of employment, pertinent dates, and concise, descriptive and detailed information for each question.
- If a job included responsibilities applicable to several questions, separate the different functions of the job to answer all the questions completely.
- Resumes or referral to the application or other questionnaire responses will not be accepted in lieu of completing each question.
- If you have no experience, write "no experience" for the appropriate question.
- For many individuals, it is more efficient to develop responses to the supplemental questions in a word processing document and then paste them into the final document to be submitted. Changes or corrections to your Supplemental Questionnaire cannot be made once your application packet has been submitted.
- If the Supplemental Questionnaire is used in the Formula Rate exam, failure to complete all of the questions or incomplete responses will result in a lower score. While scoring the Supplemental Questionnaire, the candidate's application and/or attachments will not be reviewed , therefore, a candidate's responses to the questions should be accurate, thorough, detailed, and complete.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications by the final filing date will have their Supplemental Questionnaire scored in the Formula Rate Examination.
This examination will evaluate the relevance, level, recency, progression and quality of candidate's education, training and experience. The candidate's application or other materials will not be included in this examination. Therefore, the candidate's responses to the supplemental questionnaire should be thorough, detailed and complete. The score from the Formula Rate Examination will determine the ranking on the eligible/employment list for this job.
All candidates competing in the testing process will receive written notice of their examination results by email. Notices can also be accessed in their governmentjobs.com inbox. Applicants achieving a passing score will be placed on the eligible list in rank order. The rank is determined by the test score attained from the examination.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
For information regarding County jobs:
Closing Date/Time: 6/21/2019 5:00 PM Pacific