Job Transportation Planning Intern
The Parks & Public Works Department in the Town of Los Gatos is looking for an energetic intern to assist in several exciting projects. One project is the very first school bus program in Los Gatos. This is the first service of this kind provided by a local agency in the South Bay. You will be part of the team that brings the concept to implementation. The second category of tasks will involve supporting grant applications for several bicycle and pedestrian projects. You will gain valuable grant writing experience. Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills Qualifications:
Undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled in a related program, such as Urban Planning, Transportation Planning, Transportation and Civil Engineering, Public Administration, Communications, Economics, etc., are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate must have strong writing, communication and organization skills, proficient in typical office computer applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and web-based applications such as Google Mymap, Google Docs and Sheets.
For School Bus Pilot
- Prepare and update electronic and print materials: FAQ, flyers, service description and maps, social media articles;
- Update website, prepare social media posting, communicate with potential customers, prepare marketing and communication messages;
- Assist in community and other meetings;
- Answer customer questions on service: hours, locations, fare, how to sign up;
- Maintain and update customer database.
For Grant Applications and Capital Projects
- Conduct bike and pedestrian counts;
- Prepare user survey and analyze data;
- Analyze data and produce tables and graphs for presentations;
- Prepare grant applications under directions: prepare drafts, assemble package, prepare letters;
- Design user surveys, analyze data and prepare reports;
- Assist in field check;
- Assist in community outreach: plan, materials, meetings and summary.
Work Hours and Pay:
The average work hours are 16 to 24 hours a week during the school year, and up to 40 hours a week during the summer break. Work schedule will be arranged according to the intern's school schedule and the department's needs. The typical pay at start is $16.90/hour.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should apply online and include a resume and a letter of interest.
Closing Date/Time: 5/27/2019 11:59 PM Pacific