DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN & FAMILY SERVICES
TRANSFER JOB OPPORTUNITY
EXAM #: TRCH2096-78
*DO NOT FILE APPLICATION ONLINE*
The Assistant Regional Administrator (ARA) is seeking a highly qualified individual to assume responsibility as a Secretary III at the Pasadena Regional office.
Essential Job Functions
This candidate will be responsible for providing full-time secretarial support to the ARA. The Secretary III replies to correspondence with or without dictation, screens office visitors and telephone calls, furnishes requested information, and refers calls as appropriate. The Secretary III also makes appointments and arranges conferences and meeting for the ARA. This position will require the employee to act as an intermediary between the ARA, SCSWs, CSWs and staff, transmitting messages, assignments and requests, both written and verbal. The Secretary III position relieves the ARA of routine personnel duties and other operating details such as scheduling, tracking assignments, timekeeping, approving materials, and preparing travel requests. The Secretary III checks materials being submitted to the manager to ensure all relevant information, signatures, etc. are needed. The Secretary III is the primary back-up for the Senior Secretary III.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must currently hold the payroll title of Secretary III.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff.
- Proficient in the operations of computer systems such as CWS/CMS, Excel, Microsoft Word, Ecaps, DACS, internet, intranet, Outlook, Power Point and Access.
- Ability to work independently, to follow thorough on instructions and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to establish priorities.
- Independent, reliable, creative and resourceful person who is a self-starter.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Ability to handle direct high profile assignments.
All materials submitted by the employee will be evaluated. The most qualified employees will be contacted for an interview. The interview process will be used to determine the final selection. Before extending an offer to candidates, the offer must first be cleared by the Personnel Section.
Staff interested in transferring should submit a cover letter, with EMPLOYEE NUMBER, resume, copies of their last two performance evaluations, time sheets for the past 12 months and two writing samples. The cover letter and resume should clearly outline how the employee meets the requirements and desirable qualifications.
This notice will remain open until the needs of the service are met.REQUESTED MATERIALS SHOULD BE MAILED OR EMAILED TO:Department of Children and Family Services
532 E. Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91101
Attn: Mahe Garriga email@example.com (626) 229-3741