Position Overview CALLING ALL DEVS! WE ARE HIRING!
Applications Programmer Analyst Senior - JOB OPENING
Join a team that is helping change the narrative of what it means to work for local government.
Are you an innovator and love continuous improvement? Come interact with a team that participates in a high level tech environment at Maricopa County!
We are looking for an Applications Programmer Analyst Senior to join our collaborative atmosphere in designing, building and enhancing our .NET based applications.
The ideal candidate will combine technical skills and interact with our internal customer base working on a variety of programs. Join Maricopa County where we collaborate, innovate and elevate!
The Applications Programmer Analyst Senior provides planning, architecture, development, maintenance, and support of commercial and in-house applications for the enterprise delivered via the web, Internet and intranet, and/or client-server. The Applications Programmer Analyst Senior develops applications from conception and design through the implementation phase, and prepares associated design documentation for programs. Position Qualifications We recognize your time is valuable, so please apply if you meet the following required qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
OR Combined education and experience qualifications:
Our Preferred Candidate has:
- An equivalent combination of post-secondary education and/or job related experience may substitute for the required education on a year for year basis. (Revised 4/30/19)
Essential Job Tasks
- Experience developing technical Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) documentation.
- Experience with .NET Frameworks, SQL Server, and/or configuring IIS (Internet Information Services).
- Experience utilizing Cloud services; Containers; Microsoft SharePoint.
- Experience developing hybrid and/or native mobile applications.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (e.g., Web Applications, SharePoint Applications, Applications Lifecycle Management).
- Develops custom applications and carries them through the entire SDLC process (Planning, Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing and Maintenance).
- Provides technical support to existing applications that were built in-house and helps identify potential service level problems before they occur.
- Acts as a technical/project lead that adheres to best practices, Change Control processes and policies, and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Works closely with other team members in a collaborative and technical environment. Works with other groups and individuals of varying technical skill levels (both internal and external to the County) to coordinate plans and activities to facilitate specific business outcomes.
- Responsible for daily tracking of tasks/projects being worked on, as well as the effort logged against them.
- Assists with the implementation and/or support of vendor-provided software applications or systems.
May be required to drive between work locations within metropolitan Phoenix area. Work standard business hours Monday through Friday, and at times work after hours, on weekends and/or holidays. Participate in resolving service incidents that can occur 24x7. Maricopa County is an EEO/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Selection Procedure
The hiring authority will select the successful candidate based on departmental needs.
All offers of employment made to new hires and rehires at Maricopa County are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment thorough background investigation. A background investigation is conducted on a current employee who changes to a Safety Sensitive Position or one having the potential for serious adverse impact on the integrity or efficiency of the County. These requirements do not pertain to employees of elected officials who undergo background investigation processes administered through their respective offices.
Typically successful candidates are hired at a salary rate, up to midpoint of the range, based on applicable experience, internal equity and budgetary allowances.
Closing Date/Time: 6/18/2019 11:59 PM Arizona