***PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY*** PRESCHOOL TEACHERHIRING DEPARTMENT:
Parks & Recreation WORK LOCATION:
Baldwin Park, 2790 Parkside Drive, Concord, CA 94521 HOURS: 2019 Fall Program
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Additional hours allowed for prepping/trainings/meetings SALARY:
$15.60 - $23.15 Hour/Pending Experience FINAL FILING DATE:
June 14, 2019
The successful candidate will fill a vacant Preschool Teacher position beginning Fall 2019 in the 4-year-old morning classroom. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE :
The Ideal Preschool Teacher Candidate is someone who:
THE POSITION :
- Possesses excellent customer service skills;
- Enjoys working with preschool aged children and their parents;
- Is someone who is detail oriented;
- Is someone who is flexible, yet dependable; and
- Is someone who is reliable and responsible.
The City of Concord's Parks & Recreation Department is looking for a friendly, customer service oriented team player to join our preschool team as one of our fall preschool teachers. This is a part-time position. Examples of duties include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and implement curriculum for classroom
- Provide a safe and creative environment
- Establish a positive relationship with children, parents and staff
- Supervise Teacher Aides with duties performed to implement program
- Be an active participant in activities
- Prepare for crafts, bulletin boards and snacks
- Use appropriate class management skills with the children
- General housekeeping
- Attend scheduled staff meetings
- Participate in early childhood education trainings or workshops
The ideal candidate must enjoy working with children between the ages of 2 and 4, have experience working with children, and general knowledge of planning programs. Education:
Twelve (12) Early Childhood Education units Experience. Experience:
Must possess experience working with children in a preschool setting. Other Requirements:
APPLICATION / SELECTION PROCEDURES:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Proof of clear TB test, fingerprint clearance, current CPR, AED and First Aid Certificate.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application at www.cityofconcord.org.
All applications will be screened in relation to the criteria outlined above. Only those candidates who best meet the qualifications will be invited to interview. Other: FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Please contact Raquel Diaz, Program Coordinator, at (925) 671-3324 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 06/21/19 5:00 PM Pacific Time