The Position This is a limited continuous filing exam. Next filing cut-offs are at 5:00 pm on:5/31/19, 7/12/19, 8/23/19(Final)
Under direction, the Senior Airport Economic Development Specialist conducts research, statistical analyses, and economic feasibility studies relating to existing and new airport services. Incumbents have lead responsibility to work in conjunction with technical consultants and department staff to accomplish assigned duties and/or have direct responsibility for the management of airport economic development projects. Incumbents are expected to be technically proficient in the full range of managerial, analytical, report writing and oral presentation skills and possess the knowledge necessary to conduct required economic and market studies, property management functions, revenue generation activities, and advertising and public relation activities. Explore your career with purpose Examples of Knowledge and Abilities Knowledge of
- Airport enterprise financial management practices
- Airport property management principles and practices
- Principles and techniques of marketing
- Industry trends analysis; airport rates and charges theories
- Airport and air carrier operations
- Research, statistical analysis and forecasting methods
- Retail leasing and property/tenant management practices
- Federal Aviation Administration and Department of Transportation rules and regulations pertaining to public airports
- Commercial air carrier facility needs and requirements
- Electronic computer data processing methods
- Verbal presentation and visual communication techniques necessary for conducting promotional programs
Employment Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Manage several complex projects concurrently
- Lead an interdisciplinary team
- Produce implementing directives and coordinate the activities of staff and consultants
- Negotiate contracts
- Negotiate retail leases and manage property tenants
- Plan and implement comprehensive research studies
- Review data, analyze results, and arrive at logical conclusions
- Determine alternative courses of action; make recommendations
- Write logical, comprehensive, concise reports and correspondence
- Make effective presentations of conclusions and recommendations orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships
- Use a computer for statistical analyses
: A Bachelor's Degree or higher in the field of Airport Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Finance, Communications, Marketing or a closely related fieldAnd
Two (2) years experience in an administrative, financial, economic analysis, or marketing position at the journey level or higher in the commercial aviation industry, retail property/tenant management, commercial real property leasing or a closely related field. Such experience must be comparable in nature and level of difficulty to the duties of Airport Economic Development Specialist.
One year as an Airport Economic Development Specialist in Sacramento County service.NOTE:
Additional relevant full-time experience may be substituted for the Bachelor's Degree on a year-for-year basisNote:
If the word "experience" is referenced in the minimum qualifications, it means full-time paid experience unless the minimum qualification states that volunteer experience is acceptable. Part-time paid experience may be accumulated and pro-rated to meet the total experience requirements.Note:
If the minimum qualifications include an educational or certificate/license requirement, applicants must submit proof of requirements with the application. Failure to submit proof of requirements may result in disqualification from the examination. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. For guidelines on submitting acceptable proof of educational requirements, please click here or speak to someone in our office before the cut-off date listed in this notice.Special Requirements
Background Check: Each candidate considered for appointment in this class must pass an employment history/access investigation and possibly a criminal history records check in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration Regulation 107, and Sacramento County Personnel Policies and Procedures No. B-5.Probationary Period
The probationary period for this classification is twelve (12)
months. Application and Testing Information APPLICATION
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application by 5:00 PM
on the posted cut-off date. Click here to apply.County of Sacramento
Department of Personnel Services
Employment Services Division
700 H Street, Room 4667
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone (916) 874-5593; 7-1-1 California Relay ServiceEmail
EmployOffice@Saccounty.net Inter-Office Mail Code: 09-4667
- Employment applications and all documentation requested in this announcement must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Your application should highlight all relevant education, training, and experience, and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position as of the cut-off date.
- Application information must be current, concise and related to the requirements in this job announcement. You may only apply for this recruitment once. Duplicate and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- A resume may be included with your application, however it will not substitute for the information requested on the application.
Applicants are required to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question. The Supplemental Questionnaire is located in the tab marked "Supplemental Questions". Please be descriptive in your response.Note:
Responses of "See Resume" or "See Application", or copy and paste of work experience are not qualifying responses and will not be considered.
FORMULA RATE EXAMINATION (Weighted 100%)
- Supplemental Questionnaires must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date. Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- The supplemental questions are designed to elicit specific information regarding a candidate's experience, education, and training. Responses should be consistent with the information on your application and are subject to verification.
- Please provide place of employment, pertinent dates, and concise, descriptive and detailed information for each question.
- If a job included responsibilities applicable to several questions, separate the different functions of the job to answer all the questions completely.
- Resumes or referral to the application or other questionnaire responses will not be accepted in lieu of completing each question.
- If you have no experience, write "no experience" for the appropriate question.
- For many individuals, it is more efficient to develop responses to the supplemental questions in a word processing document and then paste them into the final document to be submitted. Changes or corrections to your Supplemental Questionnaire cannot be made once your application packet has been submitted.
- If the Supplemental Questionnaire is used in the Formula Rate exam, failure to complete all of the questions or incomplete responses will result in a lower score. While scoring the Supplemental Questionnaire, the candidate's application and/or attachments will not be reviewed , therefore, a candidate's responses to the questions should be accurate, thorough, detailed, and complete.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications by the cut-off date will have their Supplemental Questionnaire scored in the Formula Rate Examination.
This examination will evaluate the relevance, level, recency, progression and quality of candidate's education, training and experience. The candidate's application or other materials will not be included in this examination. Therefore, the candidate's responses to the supplemental questionnaire should be thorough, detailed and complete. The score from the Formula Rate Examination will determine the ranking on the eligible/employment list for this job.
All candidates competing in the testing process will receive written notice of their examination results by email. Notices can also be accessed in their governmentjobs.com inbox. Applicants achieving a passing score will be placed on the eligible list in rank order. The rank is determined by the test score attained from the examination.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
For information regarding County jobs:
Closing Date/Time: 8/23/2019 5:00 PM Pacific