About Our Job
The City and County of Denver Public Works Department is looking for a Deputy Manager of Utilities with a passion for leadership to help drive innovation.
Denver Public Works, through its employees, provides for the delivery of high quality, cost effective, efficient, safe services involving public infrastructure and facilities to enhance the quality of life in Denver.
The Deputy Manager will lead the Utilities Division of Public Works and its functional areas (solid waste management and wastewater management) and direct cost effective, high quality customer service through innovative and sustainable practices that result in operational integrity.
Job accountabilities include:
- Develop operations strategies and direct and manage operations and maintenance for trash collection, recycling and composting and wastewater operations within Denver. Implement best operating practices to promote continuous improvement, innovation and excellent customer service. Ensure that operational integrity is maintained, including regulatory compliance in all facilities. Provide strategic and operational input to annual business plans, control budgets for responsible areas, and ensure that operational and financial targets are met or exceeded.
- Lead, motivate and develop staff in assigned operations areas. Build shared commitment to improving business performance and develop both individual and team capabilities. Drive performance by linking business units' objectives to company goals and values. Communicate a shared vision, energize and empower staff, and champion diversity.
- Work with engineering staff to develop the strategy and priorities for capital investment programs and drive the effective implementation of such programs.
- Assist in due diligence and operational analysis and ensure effective integration and performance of acquisitions and contract operations.
Our Deputy Manager must be a strategic leader with an established history of thinking outside of the box to help drive innovation. This individual must be able to set the vision and direction for a large organization while managing the day to day operations of the team.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, motivating and empowering employees to effect positive change and improve business performance.
- At least ten years' experience successfully managing operational areas in multiple locations with represented employees.
- Experience in establishing, meeting or exceeding organizational performance targets.
- Bachelor's degree in business, operations management or related discipline. Master's degree preferred
We realize your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
About Everything Else
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Operations Management or related field
- Experience: Three (3) years of management level work experience which must have included managing subordinate supervisors. One (1) year of management experience must include budget and fiscal oversight responsibility, evaluation of business processes, and policy and decision making experience with planning and organizing multiple programs, projects, operations or functions.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: Two (2) years of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
- License/Certifications: By position, requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application.
CA2951 Deputy Manager
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Pay Range $130,132.00 - $208,211.00
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here