Program assistant, Utilities maintenance Part-time, temPorary $20.00 Per hoUr Under the direction of a department supervisor or lead worker, the Program Assistant performs field work requiring assistance to the Utilities Division as well as the Customer Service Center. This is a part-time, temporary position. The selected employees cannot work more than 1,000 hours in a fiscal year. This position offers no benefits, but does contribute to Apple and Medicare. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Walk 5-7 miles per day on both level and hilly terrain.
• Work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Perform physical labor.
• Manual dexterity to operate accurately a 10-key pad and computer keyboard.
• Follow accepted safety procedures.
• Understand written and oral instructions.
• High School graduate or GED equivalent and two years of experience related to the area assigned.
• Possession of a valid Class C California Driver's License is required. TYPICAL DUTIES
• Meter reading.
• Meter box repairs.
• Assisting with water/sewer pipe repairs and maintenance.
• General building maintenance.
• Other duties as assigned. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. The most qualified applicants will be invited for an interview. A reference check will be conducted prior to making an offer. Applicants selected for the positions will be required to undergo and successfully pass fingerprint checks by the City prior to starting employment. If you are interested in these positions, please complete the 'Program Assistant - Utilities Maintenance' Application available at www.pleasantonjobs.org. If you have questions about this position, you may contact the Chief Utilities Systems Operator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous