About Our Job
Posting will close on Tuesday July 30, 2019.
Internships are unpaid positions. We are able to work with your school for school credit.
The Denver Police Department (DPD) - Volunteers in Police Services (VIPS) is now accepting applications for unpaid for-credit Internships within DPD.
Working with a task or field supervisor, students will have the opportunity to learn and gain a better understanding of the Law Enforcement Field by participating and getting hands on experience assisting Officers and staff in these various areas of the Department: Training Scenario Role Playing, Administrative/clerical support, Translation, Social Media, Information Desk Help, COP Shops, Fingerprinting, Community Relations Division.
The Internship is intended for college students who are exploring career fields and/or whose degree requires an internship and is recommended for participants in the study areas of Public Service, Criminal Justice, Marketing, Legal, Human Services.
Interns will be directly supervised by their assignment supervisor and the VIPS Program Coordinator.About You
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a Graduate or Undergraduate accredited college or university that requires a for-credit internship
- Must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
Application Instructions: All interested interns should apply to this position and MUST attach the following:
- Copy of your driver's license
- Signed Certification, Authorization and Waiver regarding Background Check and Completed "New Volunteer Identification Card Request" Form (click here to download. Fill out all 3 pages, upload, and attach)
- Resume to include 3 personal references (a list of references can also be uploaded as a separate document.) Note personal references cannot be family members
- Copy of your transcripts (unofficial is ok to submit)
- Copy of the Syllabus (or something to describes purpose/requirements of internship)
- Cover letter that includes three learning objectives for your internship
In addition to attaching the required documents noted above, when completing the online application, please include sat least seven (7) years of employment history. If you have not been employed for seven years, please provide your complete employment history, documenting any gaps in employment.About Everything Else
WW1122 Unpaid Intern
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Pay Range $0.00 - $0.00
Denver Police Department
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here