About Our Job
Denver International Airport is the 20th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th-busiest airport in the United States, serving 61.3 million passengers last year and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States and consists of 15 million square feet of built environment.
Be proud to accept the challenge of maintaining the greatest economic engine in the state! Our Electrical team is responsible for maintenance and repair of passenger loading bridges, auxiliary gate equipment, airfield and facility lighting and power distribution systems.
Our Electricians have the opportunity to work on a vast scale of maintenance and construction-related electrical issues using a wide variety of equipment in virtually all areas of our world-class airport. You'll likely have your hands on: motors ranging from 1/3 to 50 hp; low to high voltage lines (120v - 480v ); variable frequency drives (VFDs); large-scale HVAC systems; signage; lighting; loading bridges; ground power units / aviation-specific equipment; transformers; conduit - and the list goes on. Most of our work is focused on maintenance and preventative maintenance of our 53-square mile operations area with some new construction work as well. The selected individual will join a team of 37 Electricians with eight Supervisors who support our 24/7/365 operations.
- Performs electrical/construction maintenance, repair, and installation of electrical systems, equipment, and fixtures in accordance with standard practices of the electrical trade.
- Installs new or upgraded electrical equipment and/or systems for the purpose of construction, tenant finishing or remodeling and completes circuits according to diagram specifications and code requirements.
- Responds to electrical service or trouble calls, troubleshoots various problems/issues, and provides problem resolution.
- Prepares working sketches and works from blueprints, schematics, and written or verbal instructions.
- Estimates materials, labor, and equipment costs.
- Maintains records and prepares daily activity reports.
- Assists in the maintenance and repair work in a variety of skilled trades areas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Denver International Airport is seeking skilled and motivated Electricians to join our team. We are looking for individuals who have talent and experience in the electrical industry and exhibit pride of ownership. Must have strong customer service skill sets.
We're looking for a licensed Electrician with heavy background in maintenance-related electrical work. We need a person who enjoys trouble-shooting issues in a wide variety of environments. Additionally, you need to have some basic computer skills, be able to interpret diagrams/schematics and enjoy working on a team or as an individual, partnering with other skilled trades to get jobs done, joining the team when the snow flies for snow duty, and be willing to work any of our three shifts as we bid them annually.
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED Certificate and completion of a State recognized apprenticeship program for electricians.
- Completion of the State apprentice program for electricians.
- Requires a Journey Electrician's License issued by the State of Colorado or state issued equivalent at the time of application.
- Requires possession of a valid driver's license at the time of application.
- Requires possession of a Colorado Commercial Driver's License (CDL "B") with appropriate endorsements by the end of probation.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required
Shift Work / Snow Duties / Emergency Incidents: this position does require shift work as DEN is a 24/7/365 operation (includes nights, weekends and holidays). Mandatory extended/additional shifts can be required. Additionally, this position is required to work mandatory snow duties, which vary and can include nights, weekends and holidays.About Everything Else
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Pay Range $25.08 - $36.62
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here