The City of Davis Gymnastics & Dance Camp will explore jazz, ballet, hip hop, tap and more. This camp is for beginners and current dancers. The camp includes dance instruction during the morning and traditional camp activities such as crafts, activities, or swimming in the afternoons. The Gymnastics & Dance Sr. Leader
position requires knowledge of instruction of gymnastics and dance development, including choreographing and teaching gymnastics & dance routines. The Gym & Dance Leader
facilitates activities and games for youth during the day.
Must be available to work Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30 am and 3:30 pm for these two weeks July 8-12 AND August 12-16, attend Tuesday evening staff meetings during the summer dates, and participate in mandatory trainings on June 8, 2019, with additional TBD trainings before camp starts.Senior Recreation Leader -
$13.00 per hour based on experience.
Temporary part time, no benefits. Applicants will be screened according to experience relevant to this position. Those most qualified will be invited to an individual or small group interview. Examples of Duties Responsibilities:
Typical Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Develops choreography and a routine for participants
- Leads warm-up and stretching exercises to prevent potential injuries
- Initiates, organizes and implements a variety of gymnastics and dance activities for school-age children
- Communicates with supervisory program staff regarding participant behavior, injuries and other related matters
- Renders routine first aid for minor injuries
- Attends staff meetings
- Assures that all equipment and facilities are safely and properly prepared and maintained
- Keeps work environments clean and organized
- Must be 18 years of age or older for Senior Leader position and 16 years old for Gymnastics & Dance Leader
- Must be certified in CPR and Standard First Aid prior to the start of the summer camp
- Ability to swim at a level considered water safe and be comfortable participating in pool activities
- Ability to demonstrate energy, enthusiasm, and creativity in the job position
- Ability to motivate and lead volunteers and youth participants
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communication with program staff and the public
- Having knowledge or prior experience with gymnastics & dance activities, child development, behavior management practices and community resources is highly desirable
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of these positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These are active positions requiring the ability to climb, balance, stoop, keel, crouch, crawl, and reach extensively; occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs, frequent lifting or moving objects up to 30 lbs.; perform simple and power grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation; verbal and hearing skills to effectively communicate with customers and other staff; and visual acuity to record information accurately and make observations. Work is done both indoors and out, with exposure to heat, often over 100 degrees, sun, noise, dust, pollens, chalk dust, and slip hazards when near water, hazards from potential collisions with students performing stunts, performing/assisting at heights above floor level, and exposure to blood borne pathogens when rendering first aid. Supplemental Information To Apply:
A City of Davis online employment application must be submitted to be considered for this position; paper applications will not be accepted. To apply, please go online at www.cityofdavis.org PLEASE NOTE: All applicants will be notified via email . EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
The City of Davis encourages applications from qualified women and minorities. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability or sexual preference.NOTES
Information contained herein does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract and the provisions are subject to change. According to the Federal Reform and Control Act, the City of Davis is required to hire only U.S. citizens or aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
If you require accommodation during any phase of this recruitment process, please contact theHuman Resources office at (530)757-5644 or TDD(530)757-5666.
The City of Davis has a no smoking policy for all city facilities.