If you possess superior business acumen, advanced communication skills, high emotional intelligence and superior leadership on both strategic and operation levels ... this position has your name on it! This position requires the ability to work cross functionally with multiple business units to understand technology needs and recommend appropriate level of investment and resources in alignment with the customer's business goals. Department Overview
The City of Seattle is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Client Solutions with Seattle Information Technology (IT).
As a city, Seattle is known as a progressive leader in technology, innovation and the environment. As an employer, the City of Seattle is leading local government in environmental stewardship and social justice amongst other things, making our City what it is today and shaping our exciting future. The organization's workforce plays a critical in making this possible.
Seattle IT is the technology backbone of the City of Seattle's complex operations and its ability to deliver a wide array of services for the residents of Seattle. The 700+ strong professionals in Seattle IT are involved in the full spectrum of a modern IT enterprise offering many dynamic career opportunities. Our vision is simple: be a Best-in-Class digital services delivery team
and set best practices for others to follow. Job Responsibilities Position Description
The Director of Client Solutions position serves as the executive staff member responsible for "client" or department relationship management and driving to build a Best-in-Class Digital Service Delivery team. This role will oversee a variety of client focused resources including Client Service Directors (CSD), Client Service Advisors (CSA), Project Managers and Business Analysts. All these resources are instrumental to the ability of Seattle IT to provide technology solutions to a wide array of departments including Police, Fire, Seattle Center, Department of Transportation, Finance, Utilities and several others. Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
- Create and manage a client-centric team that is obsessed with providing high quality digital solutions with a sharp focus on client satisfaction.
- Mature and manage the relationship between every City department and Seattle IT.
- Using a variety of tools, always stay a step ahead of client department business needs.
- Assist in prioritizing IT resources to match competing client department business needs.
- Manage a team of Client Service Directors [CSD] who liaise with departments, understanding business needs, and coordinating the delivery of IT services, with an eye toward 'One City' - meaning consistency and alignment across 'client' business technology infrastructure and implementations.
- Using a flexible approach, apply appropriate level of project management due diligence to new client technology initiatives.
- Create and manage a platform for technology experimentation and pilots for client departments to support options analysis.
- Using a skilled staff of Business Analysts and Client Service Advisors, provide timely and high-quality client support.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and recommend technology implementation based on business needs.
- Cultivate relationships with key City department staff, understanding their challenges and surfacing both technology opportunities and managing expectations. Escalate issues of IT non-performance for resolution.
- Manage department IT budgets to ensure spending aligns with budgets, department policies, and financial controls.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered for the required qualifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, business, information technology, or a closely related field.
- Senior director/executive level experience, preferably in a professional services firm or equivalent experience in similar consultative based roles.
- Extensive demonstrated successful business services experience in a position requiring the management of complex accounts.
- Demonstrated strategic and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to tailor and deliver messages to different audience, including C-level leaders, peers, customers, and stakeholders.
- Ability to translate strategy and business needs into an executable plan and deliver on the plan.
- Demonstrated experience in a workplace that values diversity.
- Ability to lead by influence and achieve results leveraging resources that are outside of your direct reporting structure.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with customers, vendors, partners, and business managers across various levels of the organization.
- Approachable and inclusive leadership style; willingness to be visible and interact with employees at all levels.
- A team builder; able to empower staff and rely on professional/technical expertise; motivate staff to be creative and reach higher levels of performance.
- Experience working in a strong IT governance environment, with practical knowledge of developing and implementing IT governance processes and administration.
- A record of demonstrated IT leadership accomplishments and performance, including excellent professional judgment and sound decision making.
- Excellent strategic planning skills.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Process-oriented, with strong attention to details and ongoing improvements.
- Practical change management experience.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience in leveraging performance management to create high productivity teams.
- Demonstrated experience to presenting an organization's senior leadership.
- Seasoned facilitator of discussions amongst diverse stakeholders.
Submit cover letter and resume along with NeoGov applicationNOTE:
Employment contingent upon successful completion of comprehensive background investigation in compliance with Seattle's Fair Change Employment Ordinance SMC 14.17. Background investigation may include CJIS certification conducted under the purview of Seattle Police Department. Additional Information Desired Qualifications:
- Master's degree in computer science, business, information technology, or a closely related field.
- Experience with information technology operations within the government/public sector, ideally including public safety, utilities, transportation, and other general government agencies.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability with a track record of successful leadership in change management and organizational development.
- Experience managing operating budget and forecasting capital expenditures.
- Understanding of ITIL principles and application.
- Prior experience successfully building programs and initiatives using and apply design thinking principles.
- Prior experience successfully building programs and initiatives using and applying systems thinking principles.
- Ability to work non-business hours.
- Ability to work On-call.
- Occasional travel to offsite facilities and remote locations may be necessary.
The City of Seattle offers an excellent benefit package. This includes an option of four medical plans, two dental plans, vision care, and membership in the City's Employee Retirement System. Employees are afforded ten paid holidays plus two personal holidays; vacation and sick leave hours accrue with service time; this position is eligible for Executive and Merit Leave. Additional benefits such as Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Closing Date/Time: 6/18/2019 4:00 PM Pacific