The City of Fort Lauderdale community builders possess a passion for public service demonstrated by a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance, and job proficiency. They effectively convey the vision and mission of the organization and provide excellent service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers.
Monitors and reviews the work from the Bulk, Code Compliance Officers, and Public Places Staff. Plans and coordinates projects from the Park's Districts. Supervises the maintenance of City parks, parkways, landscaping, athletic fields, and parks and recreation facilities. Provides support for recreation programming and leisure activities throughout parks system. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of a function does not preclude management from assigning essential duties not listed herein if such duties relate to the position.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Supervises the work of assigned personnel; delegates and reviews work assignments; conducts performance evaluations
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and supervises the maintenance and development of City parks, landscaped areas, and related recreational facilities
- Performs site visits to review construction and maintenance in progress; evaluates parks and facilities conditions; identifies problem areas
- Receives, investigates, and answers neighbor concerns; orders appropriate corrective measures
- Establishes goals and objectives; recommends standards, procedures, and regulations
- Participates in purchasing processes; prepares bid specifications and awards; participates in ordering department vehicles
- Plans, organizes, and directs construction related projects in parks and parkways; coordinates with City staff and neighborhood civic associations on special projects
- Maintains records; prepares and presents written and oral reports
- Prepares and administers department budget
- Participates as staff advisor at City Commission meetings, advisory board meetings, and other citizen review boards as required
- Participates in the hiring process of new staff as directed by Human Resources
- Organize staffing, contracting and budgeting of special events within supervised districts
- Initiate the progressive discipline process for staff not meeting minimum standards of performance
- Meet with foremen regularly to ensure safety and performance standards are being adhered to
Ensure that foremen and staff are meeting the minimum requirements of personal training annual
- Ensure all city protocols are followed with respect to: contract administration, preventative maintenance of vehicles, accident documentation
Ensure that all work order (Main Trac) and (Q Alert) documentation is current and accurate, with limited outstanding requests waiting to be closed
- Performs related work as required
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Essential Employees
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field and three (3) to five (5) years of fieldwork and administrative experience in Parks and Sanitation. Previous supervisory experience required. Additional qualifying experience in a job-related field, may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
- Valid Driver's License.
may be required to work during a declared emergency. The employee's Department Head will determine who will be required to work. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work EnvironmentFrequency Working in Designated Environment
Office or similar indoor environmentFrequently or OftenFrequently or Often Outdoor environmentFrequently or OftenFrequently or Often Street environment (near moving traffic)Seldom or NeverSeldom or Never Construction siteSeldom or NeverSeldom or Never Confined SpaceSeldom or NeverSeldom or Never In the community (homes, businesses, etc.)Seldom or NeverSeldom or Never LabSeldom or NeverSeldom or Never Warehouse environmentSeldom or NeverSeldom or Never PHYSICAL STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The position is generally sedentary. Employees sit most of the time, but may walk or stand for brief periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sat. 06/22/19 11:59 PM Eastern Time