The City of Fort Lauderdale community builders possess a passion for public service demonstrated by a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance, and job proficiency. They effectively convey the vision and mission of the organization and provide excellent service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers. We Build Community, in a fast-paced organization that operates by vision, strategy, and action. Would you fit in? Apply now. The Information Technology Services Department is searching for a Police Information Technology Manager with previous Governmental, Police, and Supervisory experience to plan, budget, organize, direct and control the activities of the Police Information Technology Division.
NOTE: The duties of this position will include all of those duties set forth in the official job description.This position will remain open until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.The City offers a wide variety of benefits to their employees. In addition to the competitive benefits package and salary, the City offers 401(a) participation with a 9% City contribution and no employee match!!
Say "Hello" to the City of Fort Lauderdale and Say "Goodbye" to Your Student Loan!
That's right! Under the U.S. Department of Education's Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, the remaining balance on your student loan may be forgiven after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments while working full-time at the City of Fort Lauderdale! Please visit www.fortlauderdale.gov/PublicServiceLoanForgiveness
for more information or to see if you qualify. This job classification is in Management Category I for benefits purposes, which includes Ten (10) additional management vacation days per calendar year and a monthly vehicle allowance of $390.00.
This is a non-classified "at-will" position and is not subject to Civil Service Rules or any collective bargaining agreement. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of a function does not preclude management from assigning essential duties not listed herein if such duties relate to the position.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Manages onsite planning, design, development and implementation of various technical projects of the Police Department
- Supervises the planning, development and design of all data communications installations and maintenance
- Manages onsite technological staff in support, training, updating, and monitoring of Police Information Systems network and expansion;
- Provides daily supervision, guidance, feedback, and training to assigned staff; monitors and evaluates work performance
- Recommends, in the interest of the City, that eligible applicants be hired; that subordinate personnel be transferred, suspended, promoted, or disciplined; and participates in employee grievance processes
- Plans, prepares and oversees annual budget, including a maintenance budget for technology and system line items; negotiates with vendors for purchase of Public Safety IT systems and applications
- Serves as a consultant to
- Police Department personnel on matters pertaining to computer technology, hardware, systems and research
- Develops techniques and plans for implementation of new procedures and methods in the areas of information and data processing, on-line systems, database management, networks, and distributed data processing systems including hardware and system software
- Participates in process improvement efforts, ensures performance metrics are collected, adjusts activities as needed
- Consults with Police staff and IT staff to identify and research new technologies and systems that would provide value to the Police and city staff
- Performs related work as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Five (5) or more years of experience managing complex technology projects and supervising technical staff; two (2) years of previous supervisory experience is required. Additional qualifying experience or completion of coursework at an accredited college or university in a job-related field, may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required experience or education, at the Division Manager's discretion.
- Previous Governmental, Police, and Supervisory experience highly preferred.
- An in-depth pre-employment background check, including a polygraph exam, will be conducted as part of the selection process as this position is deemed security-sensitive. Felony convictions, convictions of crimes of moral turpitude, or convictions of misdemeanors related to job duties may disqualify you from being considered for this position. It is your responsibility to provide at time of application, an official disposition of all charges of which you were found guilty, had adjudication withheld, or pled no contest.
- Positions working with Police systems will require CJIS Certification (Florida Dept. of Law Enforcement)
may be required to work during a declared emergency. The employee's Department Head will determine who will be required to work. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work Environment: Frequency Working in Designated Environment
Office or similar indoor environment: Frequently or Often
Outdoor environment: Seldom or Never
Street environment (near moving traffic): Seldom or Never
Construction site: Seldom or Never
Confined Space: Seldom or Never
In the community (homes, businesses, etc.): Seldom or Never
Lab: Seldom or Never
Warehouse environment: Seldom or Never PHYSICAL STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The position involves light physical demands, such as exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION: Applications will be reviewed and the hiring authority will contact those applicants whose application reflects the best match of experience for the position.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous