Are you looking for an end goal, long-termcareer opportunity that offers comprehensive benefits including: medical, dental, vision, (dependent children at no-cost!) an excellent retirement program,long term disability, group term life insurance, paid parental leave, maternity and paternity leave, deferred compensation options, a freeORCApassand much, much more?
Seattle Parks and Recreation (SPR), Facilities Maintenance Division, is seekingfull-time plumbers towelcome intoour dynamic team! Please Note: All candidates for this position must submit a current, FULL driving abstract to be considered.
Seattle Parks and Recreation provides the residence of Seattle of a welcoming and safe opportunities to play, learn, contemplate and build community, and promotes responsible stewardship of the land. We promote healthy people, a healthy environment, and strong communities.
Our Facilities Maintenance Division maintains more than 25 miles of boulevards, manages many facilities, including; 26 community centers , 8 indoor swimming pools , 2 outdoor (summer) swimming pools , 4 environmental education centers , 2 small craft centers , 4 golf courses , an outdoor stadium, and much more.
This position willrun continuouslyonly
until filled so apply today! There are currently 2vacancies!! Job Responsibilities
Qualifications REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair drainage & irrigation systems, sewage disposal systems and other waste lines
- Performbackflowprevention testing
- Clear plumbing stoppages, repair fittings & valves, line breaks and leaks
- Inspect plumbing installations and conduct required tests to ensure jobs are completed
- Read blueprints and review project plans to ensure compliance with applicable codes, specifications and standards
- Cut and thread pipes
- Dig trenches for irrigation systems
- Perform soldering and brazing work for plumbing installation and maintenance repairs
- Order necessary parts & supplies and maintain required records
- Respond to emergency situations, make recommendations and perform required repairs
- Maintain job status updates through online work order system
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION, & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Requires a minimum of four years of experience working at the plumbing and pipe fitting trade under a qualified journey level supervisor AND completion of an accepted plumber apprenticeship program (or a combination of education and/or training and/or experience which provides an equivalent background).
- Current Washington State Journeyman Plumber's license.
- Valid Washington State Driver's License
- A current, 5-year driving abstract from the Department of Licensing is required to be submitted to this application or faxed to 206-615-0302 by the closing date for consideration in this process.
- City of Seattle Gas Piping License (must be obtained within 6 months of hire)
- City of Seattle Fire Protection Certification License
- Experience working with online work order systems
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Possess customer service and effective communication skills
- Knowledge and ability to work with Outlook and Microsoft Office
- BackflowTester license
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend for extended periods and lift in excessive of 50 pounds
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors and in all inclement weather conditions
- May be required to perform work over and in water; on ladders scaffolds and lifts
- Some locations may be performed in confined spaces and in cramped locations
- A pre-placement exam, including a respiratory exam is required for this position
CHECK OUT OUR BENEFITS PACKAGE HERE!: http://www.seattle.gov/personnel/benefits/pubs/2018_Benefits_At_A_Glance.pdf
- Current shift schedules are 4/10 (4 days a week - 10 hour days)
- Depending on work, may be required to work varying shifts
- May be required to work on-call ( additional compensation is provided for this work)
All candidates for this position will be required to perform working tests and must submit a current, complete driving abstract to be considered
The most successful candidates will be put into a qualified candidate pool of applicants that may be used for filling future Plumber vacancies for up to one year within the Parks and Recreation Department.SPR's Core Competencies are:Accountability & Action:
Holding yourself accountable for achieving goals, completing tasks, and delivering quality work. Demonstrating thoughtful initiative in actions and decision-making, and promoting high quality standards.Equity and Inclusion:
Supporting the goals of the Race and Social Justice Initiative and the City's commitment to workforce equity.Communication
: Sharing and exchanging information and ideas with people in a variety of ways to help them understand and remember the information.Service:
An ongoing commitment to base decisions and actions on the needs and priorities of the City.Teamwork
: Participating as an engaged member of a team to achieve group goals. Effectively working with internal and external people to complete tasks and achieve work group goals.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous