The Business System Account Analyst helps the Enterprise Technology Department and its partners transform ideas for improvement into business value through research and analysis. The analyst will help implement and continuously improve business analysis processes, standards, and templates for Enterprise Technology, and provide expertise on these things to its partners. The analyst is an expert in helping partners think through ideas for improvement, determining and documenting their needs, researching solutions for them, and determining benefits and costs, with knowledge of business principles, information technology, and analytical techniques.
- With ideas for improvement…
- Analyze current state and business requirements, and frame a challenge
- Co-create and analyze solution alternatives
- Create a business case for a solution (desired future state)
- Prioritize solution implementations
- Develop new analysis knowledge, skills, and abilities, and demonstrate competence through relevant courses and certifications, for example, those offered through the International Institute of Business Analysis, etc.
- Develop other staff, helping them obtain new analysis knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Help create processes, standards, or templates for business analysis
- Conduct research and analysis as needed to support Enterprise Technology goals and functions
- Prepare and deliver written and oral reports and presentations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into requirements
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Business analysis skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to work independently
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent relevant experience) in business, technology, or a related discipline
- Experience in business analysis (preferred)
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.