This recruitment is being established to obtain a current eligible list for both full time and Extra-Help vacancies. Extra-Help are not entitled to county benefits and are limited to a maximum of 25 hours per week. Extra-Help pay is up to $15.11 per hour. Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Learns to interview and participate in educational and clinical settings; assist consumers to complete forms.
- Learns to assist outreach Behavioral Health and Recovery Services, Social Services, or Probation staff in linking consumers with resources and in appropriate level of care.
- Learns to lead activity groups and prevocational groups in a program setting.
- Learns to identify and utilize appropriate community agencies for referral of consumers.
- May work in non-traditional settings such as community shelters, outreach programs, etc.
- Prepare routine reports and correspondence and maintain consumer records.
- Participates in in-service or other training courses and staff meetings.
- May assist consumers in various skills needed for craft activities and transport to various activities.
- May assist therapists, social workers, or probation officers with communication with non-English speaking consumers.
- Helps provide a therapeutic climate for patients by listening and socializing with them.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Experience:
Background with Behavioral Health and Recovery Services, Child Welfare, or Criminal Justice System as a consumer, family member, or significant other of a consumer.Education:
Must be able to read and write at the level required by the specific job assignment.Special Requirement:
Possess a valid California Driver License at the time of appointment and maintain, for some positions in this classification. Desirable:
Background in assisting persons with histories of alcohol and drug abuse.
Six (6) months experience with direct contact in a behavioral health and recovery service, medical, probation, or human service setting.
Six (6) months experience in a health related field providing services to consumer and/or continuous consumer contact.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Bilingual is preferred.SOME POSITIONS IN THIS CLASSIFICATION WILL BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECKS PURSUANT TO THE HUMAN RESOURCES RULES AND REGULATIONS, SECTION 2, B
Closing Date/Time: Continuous