Extra-Help employees are not entitled to County benefits and are limited to a maximum of 25 hours per week.
- Under close supervision, will work with UC Farm Advisors and County Agriculture Technician to assist with agriculture research projects collecting data in vegetables, cotton, and almonds.
- Soil, water, and leaf sampling.
- Help with hand-harvest of tomatoes, sweet potatoes, almonds, and walnuts.
- Maintain hand tools, assist with cleaning of truck and lab.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position is with the University of California Cooperative Extension in Merced County. Must be at least 18 years old. Please consider the Supplemental Questions before applying. Successful applicants will be required to meet at the UCCE office in Merced, then travel to various locations throughout the county. Flexible hours -- half days are fine.Individuals who are, or have been, a dependent child in foster care, a homeless youth, or a formerly incarcerated youth as defined by Government Code section 31000.11 are encouraged to apply and will be given priority. If you are applying under this eligibility status, please note on your application your eligibility by answering the supplemental question on this recruitment. Please note that prior to appointment, individuals claiming preference under one of these categories will be required to furnish documentation establishing their eligibility.
Applications will be screened and only the most qualified applicants will be selected to move forward in the selection process.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous