The City of Davis Gymnastics & Dance program offers classes ranging from parent and child participation, preschool age, school-age skill level classes and advanced gymnastics. The program also offers dance, private group parties, special events, and specialty camps. The Gymnastics & Dance Instructor
positions work with children of various age and skill levels in the instruction of gymnastics and dance development, including choreographing and teaching gymnastic & dance routines. The Gym Party Leader
facilitates activities and games for youth during private parties.
Must be available 6 to 25 hours per week, beginning in October 2019 (varied days and times)Gym Party Leader I -
$12.00 per hour based on experience.Gym and Dance Instructor II & III
- $12.00-$13.00 per hour based on experience. A Level III Instructor position requires a minimum of one year of experience working with children in a recreation program or similar setting.
Temporary part time, no benefits. Applicants will be screened according to experience relevant to this position. Those most qualified will be invited to an individual or small group interview. Examples of Duties
- Leads warm-up and stretching exercises to prevent potential injuries
- Initiates, organizes and implements a variety of gymnastics and dance activities for school-age children
- Communicates with supervisory program staff regarding participant behavior, injuries and other related matters
- Emphasizes safety and fun in the programs and activities
- Renders routine first aid for minor injuries
- Attends staff meetings and assigned gym party events
- Assures that all equipment and facilities are safely and properly prepared and maintained
- Keeps work environments clean and organized
- Assists in the direction and coordination of volunteers in conjunction with supervisory program staff
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Ability to swim at a level considered water safe and be comfortable participating in pool activities (summer camp only)
- Ability to demonstrate energy, enthusiasm, and creativity in the job position
- Ability to motivate and lead volunteers and youth participants
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communication with program staff and the public
- Having knowledge or prior experience with gymnastics & dance activities, child development, behavior management practices and community resources is highly desirable
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of these positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These are active positions requiring the ability to climb, balance, stoop, keel, crouch, crawl, and reach extensively; occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs, frequent lifting or moving objects up to 30 lbs.; perform simple and power grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation; verbal and hearing skills to effectively communicate with customers and other staff; and visual acuity to record information accurately and make observations. Work is done both indoors and out, with exposure to heat, often over 100 degrees, sun, noise, dust, pollens, chalk dust, and slip hazards when near water, hazards from potential collisions with students performing stunts, performing/assisting at heights above floor level, and exposure to blood borne pathogens when rendering first aid. Supplemental Information To Apply:
A City of Davis online employment application must be submitted to be considered for these positions. Paper applications will not be accepted.Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis until the position(s) are filled.Applicants will be screened according to applicable past experience and those most qualified will be invited to interview.PLEASE NOTE: All applicants will be notified via email and/or phone . EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
The City of Davis encourages applications from qualified women and minorities. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability or sexual preference.NOTES
Information contained herein does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract and the provisions are subject to change. According to the Federal Reform and Control Act, the City of Davis is required to hire only U.S. citizens or aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
If you require accommodation during any phase of this recruitment process, please contact theHuman Resources office at (530)757-5644 or TDD(530)757-5666.
The City of Davis has a no smoking policy for all city facilities.