Under limited supervision, the Office Assistant III performs highly responsible, specialized, and technical office support activities; explains rules, policies, and operations related to department records, programs, and services; may serve as a lead-worker and provide training and work assignments to a group of office support staff; may conduct initial application screening interview and initiate cases through automated systems; and performs related work as required.
The Office Assistant III is the advanced journey level in the Office Assistant series. Incumbents either act as lead-worker to a group of office support staff, perform applicant screening in addition to other primary responsibilities, or exercise a detailed subject matter knowledge of a specific and complex program area or specialized record keeping system.
The Office Assistant III differs from the Screener in Social Services in that the Screener classification is assigned the screening function as a primary responsibility, while the Office Assistant III may have primary responsibility for other advanced clerical functions, and screening duties represent a less significant portion of the overall responsibilities of the position.Minimum Qualifications
Two (2) years of full-time experience performing clerical duties in an office environment, including one (1) year at the journey level.
While the above requirements outline the minimum qualifications, applicants may be further evaluated for qualifications beyond those listed. Those applicants that are determined to be most highly qualified will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process.Supplemental Information ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- The ability to speak, read, and write Spanish in addition to English would be an asset in this position, but is not required. Applicants for English/Spanish bilingual designated positions must take and pass the Merit System Services bilingual proficiency examination prior to appointment.
- A valid driver's license may be required at the time of appointment and employees may also be required to drive their own car, provide proof of car insurance, and a DMV clearance. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to a disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Position may require pre-employment drug testing, physical and fingerprinting for a background investigation.
- This position is full-time at 37.5 hours per week.
- Government agencies accessing US government information, which include federal tax information must ensure that background investigation requirements for all agency employees and contractors that have access to federal tax information are consistent to the IRS background investigation requirements for access to federal tax information. A background check may be required if the position requires access to these types of records.Background requirements consist of three components which include, fingerprinting, citizenship verification and local law enforcement checks.Applicable agencies must conduct investigation during time of hire and ensure a reinvestigation is conducted 10 years from the date of the previous background investigation for each employee that has access to federal tax information.
If supplemental questions are included as a part of this job bulletin, applicants may be rated based upon their responses to the supplemental questions. If rated, only those that are determined to be highly qualified will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process.SPECIAL TESTING ARRANGEMENTS
Special testing arrangements may be made to accommodate applicants for disability, military, or religious reasons. If you require such arrangements, please contact CalHRat email@example.com or 916-323-2785 upon notification that your application has been approved. Documentation from medical, military, school, or church officials outlining the accommodation request must be received by our office a minimum of five business days prior to a scheduled examination.ABOUT MODOC COUNTY
Modoc County is a geographically diverse area in the northeastern corner of California, and borders both Oregon and Nevada. The City of Alturas is the county seat and the only incorporated city in the County. Federal land comprises much of Modoc County, with employees from the US Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, National Park Service, Bureau of Indian Affairs and the US Fish and Wildlife Service assigned there. These federal operations account for a significant part of the County's economy. Modoc County is home to the Medicine Lake Highlands, which is the largest shield volcano on the US West Coast. You'll also find areas of lava flows, cinder cones, juniper flats, pine forests, and seasonal lakes, nearly one million acres of the Modoc National Forest, as well as hot springs and lava caves, which are common to the area, and geothermal energy resources.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous